Clear All

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
    many.. they are awesome!
    Soooo, when ya gonna swap yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
      Soooo, when ya gonna swap yours?
      not for a while...

not only would I need to learn to weld but would need tools, steady income/job, and a place to do a swap, as well as another car as a dd in the mean time.

if it were ever to happen on the iX that is...

But if another candidate pops up it could very well be sooner
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

lame.

Comment

It is my wholehearted desire to get an ix and build the motor to turbo the snot out of it. Way easier than swapping, since you'll have to custom fab an oil pan/sump setup.

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Turbos are the way to go, even over a swap. So expensive for a proper setup though.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

I have a whole setup to swap my regular sealed beam lights for a us-spec ellipsoid setup, however one glass high beam is cracked. Does anyone have an extra piece of good glass?

I'm still working on getting a euro ellips setup with washer components, but I keep not having the money when they come available!

Comment

90% sure I threw mine out that had light pitting. I will check when I get home. They are around $60 or so new.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                  90% sure I threw mine out that had light pitting. I will check when I get home. They are around $60 or so new.
                  I appreciate it. I was going to look at getting some composite lenses to go along with my composite fog lenses, but cheaper is better right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                    I'll buy the car, mayfield can have the motor and associated electronics. If it's a 6 speed, I'll keep the trans, rxp can have the rear subframe/diff... we all win. :D
                    Works for me.

Also, this would generate a good (...cheap...) S52.
                    Chris
                    97 M3
                    01 325
                    Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

I just threw away my extra lamin-x too that you could have protected them with. Opps.

Comment

It is my wholehearted desire to get an ix and build the motor to turbo the snot out of it. Way easier than swapping, since you'll have to custom fab an oil pan/sump setup.
                        There was a an entire washer set w/ out lights (actually the one that my lights came from) on eBay last week that sold for $150, plus another $50 for shipping. I ended up getting into a bidding war for my E21 seat rails and spending my extra funds on that. So frustrating. I'm one relay and control unit away from having mine up and running (that is if everything works).

FSMTBIKER I would be interested in the cheap S52 if Brad doesn't want it...
                        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
                          I have a whole setup to swap my regular sealed beam lights for a us-spec ellipsoid setup, however one glass high beam is cracked. Does anyone have an extra piece of good glass?

I'm still working on getting a euro ellips setup with washer components, but I keep not having the money when they come available!
                          I have some... not the best looking tho but there your if you want them.... free just come get them..
                          sigpic
                          HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                          " enjoy the show "

Comment

I don't have my lights anymore. Looks like you are in luck still though!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post

yeah a turbo ix would be cool but i would need to learn a whole lot about custom fabrication and turbos before I did it, not planning to just but a setup for 5k and drop it in..

Plus i would need to swap the 4.10 diff in mine back to the stop 5 speed 3.91s if I got a turbo setup
                              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

This should go in our Craigslist thread, but this fits with the conversation

JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Working...
                                X