This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
    Well gentlemen, I'm pretty sure the head gasket is done on my m52. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I've got coolant in my oil and the sweet death smell of burning coolant coming out my tail pipe. Also there's a brown sludgy oil under my oil cap, with bits of water.

My brother is sending me a head gasket that he has laying around. This is the way my life goes.
    I'll send it monday. and now once again my car works and yours doesnt hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by e30-325 View Post
      What's up, Ross's Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
        What's up, Ross's Brother!
        What's going on?

I just drove my m50 swapped e30 for the first time today with open headers. So awesome i wish i had a video

Comment

What's going on?

I just drove my m50 swapped e30 for the first time today with open headers. So awesome i wish i had a video
          you got some pics?

wait, I'm gonna go snooping around your threads now and find some... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
            you got some pics?

wait, I'm gonna go snooping around your threads now and find some... ;)
            Lol not many pics. I don't think any on R3v. Any pictures you find are probably crappy cell phone pics. I'll get some when im finally done

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
              That sucks man! My condolences to you and your wife.

We are planning on meeting tomorrow at the 29th St Mall (underground, by Macy's) in Boulder at 3pm to go do a photoshoot and a drive somewhere, I think Peak to Peak is on the list of spots to try. I'll start a separate thread. Come join us!
              I have nothing else to do today, so ill be there!

So I dropped my wife off at the denver airport this morning at dawn. Holy crap that horse is demonic looking when all you seed is the silouette and blood red eyes!
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                So I dropped my wife off at the denver airport this morning at dawn. Holy crap that horse is demonic looking when all you seed is the silouette and blood red eyes!
                Yup, go see the movie "The Rite" and the similarity will have you shitting bricks LOL.

Comment

well, while i'm in there some s52 cams might find their way into the head...then who's car will be quicker??? lol

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
                    well, while i'm in there some s52 cams might find their way into the head...then who's car will be quicker??? lol
                    I'll turn quicker because i have power steering :p

Comment

I'll turn quicker because i have power steering :p
                      only when parallel parking...

without PS, Ross's steering will self-correct faster, which helps a lot when you are in a tail slide, and it is always cool to be in a tail slide.

Comment

And will have more grip up front (less weight over front axle). ;)

Comment

Finished painting my Valence and IS lip (thank you Tim). Mounted the splitter (thank you Sean). It's a little whiter than the rest of the car. I'm thinking I might not paint the bumper so it acts as a break between the two shades. Maybe painting it would be better so the black grill would act as a break. Hmmm.

Having a lip really completes the front end. It makes so much more of a difference than I thought it would.
                          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Time to get some suspension!!!

Comment

Looks great. That is motivation to start painting my valance/lip. What was your process?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Yeah it's on the list. I was thinking Bilstein Sports w/ H&R sport springs. Any idea how much the H&R sports lower the car? Seems like most people think the H&R Races are too stiff for CO's shitty roads.

My process was painstaking stripping and sanding. Painstaking Primering, filling, and sanding. Then impatient painting that resulted in a few runs that I tried to fix while still wet and making it much worse. I always go for one more pass. Same way I butter my toast! It was like being on a plane that's going down in flames and instead of bailing out staying on and trying to put the fire out with gasoline!
                                Last edited by Cloudbase; 02-13-2011, 10:02 PM.
                                JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Working...
                                X