Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched this with my 2 year old. I know it's a bit of an oldie, but It's such a great final battle!

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
      Just watched this with my 2 year old. I know it's a bit of an oldie, but It's such a great final battle!

.....what? You guys watched a white square battle something?
      89 325i (Sold)
      95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
      2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        ORDER
        ORDER NUMBER: JP7C001948
        ORIGIN: SPANGDAHLEM VPC
        DESTINATION: DALLAS VPC
        LAST LOCATION: BREMERHAVEN PORT
        REQUIRED DELIVERY: 3/21/2011

STATUS
        VEHICLE IS ENROUTE TO DESTINATION IN POSSESSION OF THE OCEAN CARRIER.

:up:
        I have been dieing to see this thing!

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Well gentlemen, I'm pretty sure the head gasket is done on my m52. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I've got coolant in my oil and the sweet death smell of burning coolant coming out my tail pipe. Also there's a brown sludgy oil under my oil cap, with bits of water.

My brother is sending me a head gasket that he has laying around. This is the way my life goes.

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Wow. Now that's bad luck. Time for S52 cams while you are in there.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
              Well gentlemen, I'm pretty sure the head gasket is done on my m52. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I've got coolant in my oil and the sweet death smell of burning coolant coming out my tail pipe. Also there's a brown sludgy oil under my oil cap, with bits of water.

My brother is sending me a head gasket that he has laying around. This is the way my life goes.

oh man.... upgrade time!!

Comment

Bad luck Ross. Did you warm the car up properly before ragging on it? That'll pop head gaskets.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                  Bad luck Ross. Did you warm the car up properly before ragging on it? That'll pop head gaskets.
                  I'm a stickler for proper warm up. Unfortunately the only major work I didn't do to the engine was the head gasket, mainly because of the cost.

Maybe I'll just buy another BMW and make this a track monster.

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

So random question, anyone no where I can find a single basket weave wheel? I found 3 ($35 each, worth it?) at a pick and pull, 4th is MIA...

Comment

Sam might have one or two somewhere. That is a good deal though, a good set of weaves is ~$200+ depending on condition and idiocy of buyer.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I'm a stickler for proper warm up. Unfortunately the only major work I didn't do to the engine was the head gasket, mainly because of the cost.

E36 325/8i is an awesome low-cost DD, and amazingly well mannered road trip car.

I'd get a Subaru instead, but you mentioned BMW.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

This is a perfectly legitimate fix to a head gasket leak. I strongly approve.

Originally posted by rxp rider View Post
                          So random question, anyone no where I can find a single basket weave wheel? I found 3 ($35 each, worth it?) at a pick and pull, 4th is MIA...
                          I have 5, but I kind of want to keep them together, and one of them has a small but ugly bend in it. I have seen weaves for $25 a piece on CL, but I didn't jump all over it because it wasn't a smart thing to do in my positon. So they are charging $35 a wheel? Aluminum wheels are $15 a piece at upullandpay. That's not a bad price, but if you are patient, you can do better.

Sam might have one or two somewhere. That is a good deal though, a good set of weaves is ~$200+ depending on condition and idiocy of buyer.
                          yeah, if you are buying them for yourself (not to flip) its a fine price, but if you want to get a "sweet deal" on some weaves, that wouldn't be it.

E36 325/8i is an awesome low-cost DD, and amazingly well mannered road trip car.

I'd get a Subaru instead, but you mentioned BMW.
                          Base model E36 is a fine DD and road trip car, but you can get something SOOO much cooler like an E28...

Comment

Hmm I guess I'll keep looking, they come with the tires on them. Pirelli tires, would suck in snow looked pretty old too.

Any special tools needed to replace the belts on an e30? I was going to do mine this week, supposed to be like 50-60 degrees for 4 days!

Comment

Originally posted by rxp rider View Post
                              Hmm I guess I'll keep looking, they come with the tires on them. Pirelli tires, would suck in snow looked pretty old too.

Any special tools needed to replace the belts on an e30? I was going to do mine this week, supposed to be like 50-60 degrees for 4 days!
                              well if $35 a piece includes tires in any sort of decent shape, then it's def worth it. I thought you meant just the wheels.

Comment

What "belts" are you doing specifically?

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                                Originally posted by DTM190
                                "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Working...
                                X