This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
    They are used OEM off an 88is in NV so hopefully no rust.
    Axles at upullandpay are $20 a piece and you pull them yourself so you can look at them before you buy them. And no shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
      Also, rebuild prices will me much more than $90 a side, as the boot kits are about that per side. The boot kits are around $40 iirc, and you need 4 of them. After all, that is all you need for an axle rebuild, unless they replace the bearing race (ball retainer?) too. Honestly I am not sure what all gets replaced in a CV axle "rebuild". The grease and boots obviously, maybe the bearing races, probably not the ball bearings themselves, and probably not the inner and outer bearing-housing-tooth-race thingies.
      Replacing the boots and the grease is NOT a rebuild. It's a REPACK.

Big difference.

A proper rebuild will cost more, but it's like buying a new arm, for less. Also, boot kits are grossly inflated, most driveline shops can get you the same ones for less than $10 if you ask nice.

Educational material:

Comment

^^ yeah, I don't know what goes into a rebuild, I was just guessing.

Comment

Everyone calls it a rebuild, but since the only thing being done is a repack of the grease, it is a repack, and not a rebuild. Call me anal amy, but it's annoying as ferk when people mix the two up.

Comment

Right, so as such, I am not sure what this "rebuild" fully entails from the driveline shop in question.

Comment

yeah, it's a very good idea to ask what their rebuild process entails.

Comment

The place that did my friends CV's in his eclipse were full rebuilds. They even grinded new teeth, not sure if it was out of raw stock or what. I cant comment on if it can handle racing as his is just a DD but it's been a year and half and no problems. They looked really nice when we installed them. It was a place in the englewood area, or englewood in the name.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by colorado_cabrio
                  So a manual, not particularly fast wagon seems like just the ticket
                  So.......96-09 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT. Wagon.
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                    The place that did my friends CV's in his eclipse were full rebuilds. They even grinded new teeth, not sure if it was out of raw stock or what. I cant comment on if it can handle racing as his is just a DD but it's been a year and half and no problems. They looked really nice when we installed them. It was a place in the englewood area, or englewood in the name.
                    Find a name please! Do it for the Chillun!

Comment

thinking about doing this over the summer, what do you guys think?

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I think yes. Or sell them to me nao

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                          Do it.

I was awol last week due to ridiculous workload. I'm not as busy this week, so i'll be bothering everyone as usual now.

Word of note: The falken ziex ze 512s that I got for stupid cheap are an awesome cheap tire so far (500 miles). I won't be taking them to a track anytime soon, but for the spirited driving I've been doing, they aren't junk. We'll see how long they last...

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                            I don't get it....what are you planning on doing? Putting iX weaves on your iX?
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                              I don't get it....what are you planning on doing? Putting iX weaves on your iX?
                              well yes... I need to get new(er) tires on them, but its either rock the weaves for a while or get my 17s straightened and put those back on.. those are in my sig
                              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

weaves ftw. 17s + E30 = bleh.

I wish there were more 16 inch wheels (and wider 16inch tires) that fit on the E36 M3...

Comment

Working...
                                X