Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, in other news... I did this yesterday.

Apparently I can't embed.

Today's Defensive Pistol match really goes to show the differences between IDPA and the Northern Colorado Rod & Gun Club's monthly Defensive Pistol matches. ...

Oh, and Northern CO is beautiful on 287 headed toward Laramie... Got off 287 for the range and was just in the middle of awesome country.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
      BMWCCA AutoX school and Event 1 last weekend went great. Course on Sunday was fun, and fast... Rev limiter in 2nd gear through a slalom/transitions. Pretty entertaining, and the weather stayed dry if a bit cool. 9 runs on Sunday!

If anyone is considering trying out autocross, I would encourage you to join BMW Club and attend. You are guaranteed to get a lot of runs because they cap their entries, and the environment is more relaxed than SCCA events.

Also, AST's kick ass. My car, even on dead-lops and with some other challenges, posted a time 2+ seconds over the next fastest car. Super-fun.
      That sounds awesome! When is the next BMW Club one?
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
        Oh, and Northern CO is beautiful on 287 headed toward Laramie... Got off 287 for the range and was just in the middle of awesome country.
        Yes, it's very scenic. Used to drive that all the time up to school and back. Gets super sketch in bad weather though. My friend from UW lost his life to that road around this time last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
          Yes, it's very scenic. Used to drive that all the time up to school and back. Gets super sketch in bad weather though. My friend from UW lost his life to that road around this time last year.
          Sucks, wasn't he the e46 guy?
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Rip

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
              Sucks, wasn't he the e46 guy?
              Yeah. AW/Cinnamon, with gold wheels.

Rip
              Indeed. He was a good dude.

Comment

Wasn't he not wearing a seatbelt and got ejected from the car?
                89 325i (Sold)
                95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
                  Wasn't he not wearing a seatbelt and got ejected from the car?
                  That would be correct. :(

Comment

Trunk tar? Sunroof equipement? A/C equipment? P/S stuff? Spare tire, etc. etc.
                    I guess a better question would be what HAVE you removed?
                    removed all tar, including the stuff in the transmission tunnel
                    Stuff I removed:
                    -sunroof
                    -AC
                    -PS
                    -Heater core
                    -ABS
                    -cruise control
                    -scrapped the dash down to metal
                    -shaved the door pannels down
                    -removed some excess wiring (not enough)
                    -swiss cheesed the bumper core
                    -interior (obvious) recaro's weigh like 6kg instead of the heavy sport seats
                    -no spare
                    -light weight 50mm E30 M3 exhaust

I'm thinking the biggest weight items I have in the car now that can be swapped out is windows and body panels. I kind of like the function of the windows though, as it's my only source of temperature control inside the car. It also is necessary sometimes (this morning) to keep the windshield from fogging up.

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                    Aren't you running something crazy like 18x10's? Your brake/tire/wheel combo has to weigh a lot compared to most people.
                    true, I'm guessing the tires/wheels weigh a good 55-60lbs each. The brakes are actually lighter than the stock E30 M3 stuff. aluminum calipers and hats make a pretty big difference.

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                    i know a guy with an e30 m3 race car down to 2150 lbs then again he is stripped, caged and lightened as much as possible
                    that's crazy light. I just looked up this thread: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/newrepl...reply&p=162637

1851 lbs!!! That's silly how light that is!
                    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Hm. Is your exhaust aftermarket? You might want to just go with a custom 3" or 3.5" (S54 gets most hp from the 3.5, euro might too) and lose a significant amount of weight. Also switching the tires from the 18x10s to a lighterweight 18x10 (Dforce/Apex) if you really like 285 grip OR going to the 15x8/225 RS3 combo.

Is your car caged at all? Speakers? LTW Battery?
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Don't do 15s w/ the Euro motor.

No one like my video? I sad

Comment

Don't do 15s w/ the Euro motor.

No one like my video? I sad
                          It's the 3.0L Euro, making about as much power (stock) as a bolt on S50/OBD1 S52, so the 15s/225s would work well. I'd rock the 18x10 Dforce or Apex and 285s personally, or a 17x9/255 combo since he does have the fender flares to fit it, but 15s wouldn't be too bad if paired with a sticky tire.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I think the Euro will be too much for the 15s but I could be wrong. If he steps down, which he wont, he can't use those purdy brakes.

Comment

Doesn't he have the 300mm Massive kit? that works with 15s.

He also could go with the 15x9 or 15x10 949 Racing wheels with the 275/35/15 Hoosier or the 235/50/15 R888......
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

No, he's got some Wilwoods he put together himself... He just listed what all his roller stuff was in the build threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X