Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those would be my bets. You'll probably need a co-signer for a 30 year fixed. Unlike other vehicles you could probably make money or break even even with the financing. The annual was is due in August. What's an annual cost on that?
    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
      Those would be my bets. You'll probably need a co-signer for a 30 year fixed. Unlike other vehicles you could probably make money or break even even with the financing. The annual was is due in August. What's an annual cost on that?
      I'm going to wager $1500 for the first one... Especially if I have the family A&P do it. It's amazing that your mechanic can find many things wrong with something that the seller's can't.

Won't be able to buy anything until August anyway due to school, maybe it will fall out of annual and I could get it for less.... if it doesn't sell... It's the cheapest M20J on the market that (apparently) doesn't have a tired motor...

Comment

Talk about putting blood, sweat, tears, and appendages into your ride:

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
          Talk about putting blood, sweat, tears, and appendages into your ride:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1652044
          holy crap, Roland, why didn't you say there was blood and gore?? I thought you may have been just emphasizing the awesomeness of the build!!! gaaaah! And I am eating lunch!!

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
            holy crap, Roland, why didn't you say there was blood and gore?? I thought you may have been just emphasizing the awesomeness of the build!!! gaaaah! And I am eating lunch!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
              becauseracecar.jpg

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
              Yeah, 160kts at 9gph, seats 4 comfortably, retractable gear that isn't expensive to maintain, 900nm range, etc.

Looking into financing.... cars and student loans are 3-4%, planes are 6-7%. This is a messed up world. Any reccomendations besides NAFCO or AOPA?
              I'd also love to own a plane! That's definitely a big boys hobby that i'm years from reaching! I'll just have to stick with low budget hobbies like tools, cars, snowboarding, photography, scuba and hifi to suck my bank dry.:roll:
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

I'd also love to own a plane! That's definitely a big boys hobby that i'm years from reaching! I'll just have to stick with low budget hobbies like tools, cars, snowboarding, photography, scuba and hifi to suck my bank dry.:roll:
                They aren't *that* expensive. ;)

Better dollar/seat time ratio than doing track days and autox if you use it often enough. Once I get set up (2-3 years) I'll hopefully have an Instructor certificate and will be offering cheap lessons. :)

Comment

And I thought I was a bad driver...

Bikes fly like bowling pins when a driver looses control on Mulholland Highway. Mulholland Highway in Los Angeles has been a mecca for motorcycles & fast car...

Comment

Cleaned up Bishop's old car today lol.

Fuck Colorado and they're front license plate laws...

Yes, that is, in fact, a call box I installed on the roof.

I need a skid plate so I can drive without as much worry...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Looks good dude, just drive like a normal person and not jdm style or else you will crack it, on the other hand looks like you could use a lip... make your choice.. I have an mk2 or a volvo .. cheap
                      sigpic
                      HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                      " enjoy the show "

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post

I thought you where kidding too, but damn! I was eating too!

Comment

I drove that car around the entire time I owned it and never got a ticket, let alone pulled over for that law. Sane with my 2 previous cars

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                          Originally posted by DTM190
                          "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                            I drove that car around the entire time I owned it and never got a ticket, let alone pulled over for that law. Sane with my 2 previous cars
                            Same here.. most of my vehicles don't have it on but on the windshield.
                            sigpic
                            HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                            " enjoy the show "

Comment

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
                              Looks good dude, just drive like a normal person and not jdm style or else you will crack it, on the other hand looks like you could use a lip... make your choice.. I have an mk2 or a volvo .. cheap
                              Yeah, but I'd rather have the reassurance of a skid plate. I'm thinking just an i lip to go with the awesome bottle caps...

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                              I just don't want to risk it, plus it's only gonna be here for 2 more months and then it's off to NM where there are practically no laws.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Buy a skid plate and an I lip, Volvo didn't look good and an is is too expensive and won't look right. As for the plate, it's only a $30 fine, and you CAN display it in the windshield, but I never displayed it at all, ever, and was fine lol.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                                Originally posted by DTM190
                                "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Working...
                                X