Clear All

Good morning from Coeur d' alane Idaho.
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Mornin'

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Morning.

We got the head off last night, dropped it off at machine shop this morning....turns out I need just about everything. Hooray previous owners half-assing things.

It's going to be a wicked strong engine when done though.
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
          Morning.

We got the head off last night, dropped it off at machine shop this morning....turns out I need just about everything. Hooray previous owners half-assing things.

It's going to be a wicked strong engine when done though.
          Are you just doing the top end?

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
            Are you just doing the top end?
            For now, yes. The bottom end needs attention at some point, but the top end alone is going to be expensive so since the car will sit 99% of the year I'll do the bottom end later when I have a job and money.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
              For now, yes. The bottom end needs attention at some point, but the top end alone is going to be expensive so since the car will sit 99% of the year I'll do the bottom end later when I have a job and money.
              Are you not taking it to Cali at all?

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                Are you not taking it to Cali at all?
                Eh, I could, but I like having my own car to drive around out here. I can't keep it on campus in Cali, so my use would be heavily limited to day trips, so without transferring parking passes or such it would likely be used about as often as it would be here....so it's just not worth bringing it out there.

Plus, it staying here (in my mind) keeps me from spending money on it.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

While I have my car all apart, I want to remove the a/c. Is there anyway to safely remove what refrigerant is still in the lines without taking it to a shop?

Comment

Legally/safely? no.

Just put the car back together, drive it to a shop or to a shop that does AC repair, and have them drain it. Won't cost much, legal, safe, winning.
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                      While I have my car all apart, I want to remove the a/c. Is there anyway to safely remove what refrigerant is still in the lines without taking it to a shop?
                      Safely/correctly? Not that I found.

I searched for a while trying to find a shop that would properly dispose the system. Pretty much it came down to no one would do it and they just charged me to vent it in their shop.

Comment

Darn, I was hoping I could remove it while the radiator was out and empty.

Comment

You don't have to remove the radiator to get it all out. It's a pita, but it can be done with it in.

Comment

Eh, I'll get it out.

Comment

Folks who are smarter than I with electronics and such, help me out:

Because of many reasons, our house has a wired network, and the router cannot be changed. I have a wifi-only device that I want to watch netflix on. What do I need to get this running? I tried setting up my laptop (connected to wired internet) as an access point but its firewall went bezerk and speeds were...abysmal. Any other ideas? I can't add a wifi router (two routers don't play nice with each other) nor replace wired with wireless, so my options are limited.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

You need a wireless access point... a standalone unit would be best... but why Netflix?

Comment

Working...
                                X