Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell yes. I've got somewhat stickier tires on the thing now!

When are you going to do the track day? You going to the fall pueblo school?
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
      Hell yes. I've got somewhat stickier tires on the thing now!

When are you going to do the track day? You going to the fall pueblo school?
      I haven't decided for sure yet. I apparently get my Hartge's this week so I want to see how well the new tires work first (and that I don't rub) before I plan anything.

I might just get slicks for the basketweaves though....

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
        I'm thinking of doing a HPR track day. You should bring it there! lol
        When, Clark and myself have tossed the idea of going to an open day and playing cat and mouse, offering pointers and such too...

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
        Originally posted by DTM190
        "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
          When, Clark and myself have tossed the idea of going to an open day and playing cat and mouse, offering pointers and such too...
          Yeah, I've never done a "real" track before. I would probably fail hardcore, but it would be some great learning time.

Comment

Definitely. Best learning is with a school and instructor, but going to the track to just have fun is well worth it too.

I'm in depending on day. Winter season is lower prices and open track on weekends instead of during the work week.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Has anyone done their tech inspection before? Is it super strict or pretty much just auto-x style?

Comment

Much stricter. The club lists places that give free tech inspections, but these are NOT the only places that will give you an inspection (Ben). I get mine done at Autosport Werks or Foothills Performance depending on the car, but all you really need is a qualified mechanic well versed in your car.

The club has a tech inspection form showing what needs to be in good running order on their website. Just read it over and find a mechanic willing to sign it (I recommend Cal or Josh at ASW for E30s, just tell em I sent you).
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Hmmm, in my search for such form this is what I found.

No formal tech required.

Comment

Does anyone know if you can have passengers during the open days? Me and Clark weren't sure, but I'm too lazy to check. + im in class

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                      Hmmm, in my search for such form this is what I found.

No formal tech required.
                      ohh I thought you meant for a club school. My bad.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Does anyone know if you can have passengers during the open days? Me and Clark weren't sure, but I'm too lazy to check. + im in class
                        They are. Not sure if they cost money though.

Comment

Click Me For Answers
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I wish I could make those cool named linky things.... clicking now, and for the inspection.... As long as it's a qualified mechanic / place I think they're happy... Just as long as you have a safe car

Comment

I wish I could make those cool named linky things.... clicking now, and for the inspection.... As long as it's a qualified mechanic / place I think they're happy... Just as long as you have a safe car
                              Pretty much this. They prefer the mechanic to be well versed in the brand (you wouldn't take a McLaren to an Oldsmobile service depot), but it's not a requirement. If you have a mechanic you like, take the car there.

As Brad corrected earlier though, you don't need one for a track day.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Just for the schools.

Comment

Working...
                                X