Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo dawg, I heard you like planking so we planked on your plank so you can plank while you plank.

Last edited by lambo; 03-26-2012, 09:57 AM.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
      No, side exhaust with straight pipes on a car that hasn't been built for a specific racing class is the very definition of ricey.
      if you say so...

Originally posted by Eric View Post
      I'm not sure I understand this argument. What is a side piped exhaust going to cost you? $300 I'm guessing? That's over 1/2 the price of the miller chip.

If it's not $300, the price is irrelevant, Your spending money on loosing HP instead of keeping the torques up and gaining more hp with the miller goodies.
      The cost will be nearly zero $. Why the heck would I pay $300 for an exhaust?? Also, didn't we already establish that it wouldn't be straight piped (i.e. i won't be losing hp)? Not sure why people still think that. flowmaster 40 series and a resonator does not equal straight piped.

Comment

So to you M3 people.

What would cause a E36 M3 rack to 'leak' from the metal hoses? This is conways old rack. He said it is a pretty common problem with M3 racks. It didn't leak on the ground or lose fluid, but it was enough to get the entire thing dirty. I figure it's about time to fix that up and get it into my E30.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
          So to you M3 people.

What would cause a E36 M3 rack to 'leak' from the metal hoses? This is conways old rack. He said it is a pretty common problem with M3 racks. It didn't leak on the ground or lose fluid, but it was enough to get the entire thing dirty. I figure it's about time to fix that up and get it into my E30.
          The actual hoses themselves leak pretty bad on all of them unless they've recently been replaced. Just a poor design really. Also a pretty easy fix too.

Comment

I would buy a couple cans of brake cleaner and go to town. The lines on the rack itself are metal, and you can just snug up those fittings if one of them is leaking. I had a reman rack that didn't get torqued properly and puked a bunch of fluid out of those lines. Snugged up the fittings and it was fine for a long time after that.
            Chris
            97 M3
            01 325
            Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
              The actual hoses themselves leak pretty bad on all of them unless they've recently been replaced. Just a poor design really. Also a pretty easy fix too.
              So what do I need to do? Just replace the rack to rack hoses with another OEM one?

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                I would buy a couple cans of brake cleaner and go to town. The lines on the rack itself are metal, and you can just snug up those fittings if one of them is leaking. I had a reman rack that didn't get torqued properly and puked a bunch of fluid out of those lines. Snugged up the fittings and it was fine for a long time after that.
                That is the cheapest option :) I will tighten them up and see what happens.

Comment

The rack to rack ones just probably need to be tightened, like Chris said. I thought we were talking about the other hoses. It's been a loong two days. :drink:

Then clean the piazza out of it and you should be set.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                    The rack to rack ones just probably need to be tightened, like Chris said. I thought we were talking about the other hoses. It's been a loong two days. :drink:

Then clean the piazza out of it and you should be set.
                    Yep, rack to rack ones. Tightened they will be.

Comment

I miss you guys. When's the next wings night?! :)

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
                        I miss you guys. When's the next wings night?! :)
                        Le good question. There's a wednesday night meet this week on Bf.c that some of us are going to in Denver. This thursday doesn't work for me for wings, I'm booked every night after class this week. :(

Comment

There is a good write up of an AN conversion for the power steering lines, I'm trying to find it.
                          Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Found it
                            Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.
                            Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

It's a good idea honestly.

As for the write-up, I don't like the way he did his setup, but then again, I'm also a perfectionist.

Comment

This setup from that thread is much better:
                                Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X