This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
    Yes just what i needed! locals peeps who can possibly help me? haha. I have seen probably a hand full of e30 down here in the springs and half of them are all older enthusiast...Im starting work on my 91 iS would be great to have a set of e30 hands to help me out i bit! haha.
    What do you need help with?
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
      What do you need help with?
      Mostly tracking down parts locally. also im planning on possibly rebuilding the engine in the near future. you guys recommend a shop either down here or in denver who can do it on these cars?

Comment

Mostly tracking down parts locally. also im planning on possibly rebuilding the engine in the near future. you guys recommend a shop either down here or in denver who can do it on these cars?
        whats wrong with your current engine?

Comment

Last edited by L-ucky-S-ix; 11-05-2014, 05:10 AM.

Comment

I just finished pretty much rebuilding my engine. And am more than willing to help out if I have the time. Anthony at Black Label Performance off of Platte is a pretty knowledgeable guy on e30's and BMW's in general. As far as sourcing parts locally for M20's, good luck. It's pretty slim pickings. If you need a hand just give me shout.
            All I wanted was a tomahawk....

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot, "OrangeFiero" just finished an M50 swap and is selling off M20 parts. Pretty sure he lives in the Springs.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                whats wrong with your current engine?
                it recently start making a slight valve tapping noise, doesn't affect performance but annoying. Planning force induction but at 200k miles i rather rebuild before i do so...

Originally posted by RLTW86 View Post
                I just finished pretty much rebuilding my engine. And am more than willing to help out if I have the time. Anthony at Black Label Performance off of Platte is a pretty knowledgeable guy on e30's and BMW's in general. As far as sourcing parts locally for M20's, good luck. It's pretty slim pickings. If you need a hand just give me shout.
                How much did they charge you for the rebuild or did you do it yourself. Im familiar with Black Label, i actually applied for a job there before but was turned down because of my lack of experience back then, I heard they do a great job though. where in town are you? down to go for a cruise? haha

Comment

Did it mostly myself; just had them throw on a new crank seal and rear main seal while I was out of town. Not the cheapest place to get things done, but not entirely unreasonable either considering some of the high-dollar builds they do. I live on the north side near Black Forest and I'm always down for a cruise, just PM me your number.

Comment

it recently start making a slight valve tapping noise, doesn't affect performance but annoying. Planning force induction but at 200k miles i rather rebuild before i do so...
                    I don't know how familiar you are with m20s but the valve tapping is pretty much normal for those engines, I call it the sewing machine. You should do a valve adjustment though just to be safe

Comment

Originally posted by ltz Viper View Post
                      I don't know how familiar you are with m20s but the valve tapping is pretty much normal for those engines, I call it the sewing machine. You should do a valve adjustment though just to be safe
                      what I was gonna say. As for that AFM above, not sure what that is. Did TimR get his hands on your car? Stock are blue injectors that are 14.5 lbers.
                      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by L-ucky-S-ix View Post

never had an AFM open before, what am I looking at?

Just pull the head and have it worked through. No sense in going through the bottom end if it's still running well, unless you're going to put forged materials in there.

Comment

Originally posted by RLTW86 View Post
                          Did it mostly myself; just had them throw on a new crank seal and rear main seal while I was out of town. Not the cheapest place to get things done, but not entirely unreasonable either considering some of the high-dollar builds they do. I live on the north side near Black Forest and I'm always down for a cruise, just PM me your number.
                          Yeah im more of a DIY guy myself but my grassroots ability has a limit. i rather pay someone to do it than mess it up even more haha. Nice, i live near Fort Carson.

Originally posted by ltz Viper View Post
                          Im new to m20's but i have a extensive history with m10's and n54's. but that knowledge hasn't helped me out so far. So far i have read that its normal. the tapping has just gotten a little noticeable since the guy i got the car. maybe it is just due for a Valve Adjustment.

Comment

Last edited by L-ucky-S-ix; 11-05-2014, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the knowledge on that. I know I've heard guys talk about swapping 027 M30 MAFs into their M20 cars, now I what the three digit number is referring too.

Comment

Side note for you aviation enthusiasts....

These are awesome:

That is all.

Alpine II 318is

Comment

Working...
                                X