X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want some e30 steelies?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I have coolant boiling out of the vent in my expansion tank. Cannot see any evidence of leakage anywhere else. I obviously have a leak somewhere. Head gasket? I'm going to do a compression test.
      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
        I have coolant boiling out of the vent in my expansion tank. Cannot see any evidence of leakage anywhere else. I obviously have a leak somewhere. Head gasket? I'm going to do a compression test.
        pressure test on the cooling system too while you're at it!

Comment

Got a cool compliment on memorial day. Since we moved to CO not too long ago, we are just starting to build some friendships. A couple we just met invited us to a BBQ at his brother's in centennial. I drive up in the E30, park, get out & he starts introducing me & my wife to everyone.
          Friends brother: what did you say your name was?!
          Me: ahhhh Xander
          FB: man that is a sweet name!
          Me: thanks man.
          FB: you seem deserving of it, you drive a sweet 80s BMW.
          I cracked a smile & laughed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by red baron; 05-30-2014, 11:47 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Took some photos of my car today. 242k and still ticking:

http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

^ Looks great!

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

she looks so clean!!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys!
                  She's still my DD and because of that, I haven't wanted to spend much money on the dents and scratches on the paint if it will just deteriorate with my commute to work. Of course the pictures do make it look a little nicer in person-- I have a bunch of fading/thinning clear coat that makes it less than presentable. But it works for a winter car and DD vehicle!
                  http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

So who wants to do a big Colorado E30 shoot sometime?

Comment

I'm in and I have a new aerial filming rig coming on line. I just need to potentially fix my head gasket - or get lucky and need a new radiator cap!
                      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Anyone know a good spot for powder coating locally? Looking to get some suspension and brake stuff coated.

Comment

Powdercoating specialities in Golden. They do awesome work.
                          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I would but my iX have developed a significant oil leak. I'd prefer something close just in case it is a large problem...
                            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

id be down I just lowered my ix a little and havnt had a chance to take photos yet

Comment

I don't have any pics of mine and I've had it 18 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X