This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys im selling shit.

also a brand new dinan chip and some ix weaves.

Comment

Originally posted by ELONZOOOO View Post
      hey guys im selling shit.

also a brand new dinan chip and some ix weaves.
      I'll take the muffler.

Comment

So I had a car (volvo wagon) towed to a shop in early October of last year because the hood wouldn't open and I wanted the timing belt changed (I forgot to reinstall a cable that activates the latch on the passenger side) and I just didn't want to deal with it. Shop owner claimed to have fixed it, and so I told him to send me a bill...

After 8 months of pestering him, I finally got the bill last week while I was in Japan.

Show up today with a check to pay my bill and collect the car and the rear hatch wouldn't close (it was a wagon), the hood still wouldn't open, and the timing belt I had provided was still sitting on the seat.

Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
          Unbelievable.
          F'n crazy. So what did they claim to charge you for?

v i s i o n a u t i k s

Comment

Who knows of somewhere I can get straight pipe cat back exhaust done for real cheap?
            1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
            BMW

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
              I have a baseball bat
              I baseball bat'd
              1991 325i Calypso Coupe

BMW

Comment

Originally posted by Zreberlcoe View Post
                Who knows of somewhere I can get straight pipe cat back exhaust done for real cheap?
                Steal Chris'

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Steal Chris'
                  god his sounds good doesn't it?
                  1991 325i Calypso Coupe

BMW

Comment

Confirmed it today. The head gasket in my E30 is toast. Going to plan on replacing it when I get some down time in mid-July. I'm super bummed, because the only O'fest auto cross I can go to is the non-M one on the 19th. I was going to try to get a crew of us E30 guys up there. Anyone interested in splitting an entry in their E30?

Also, any suggestions on things to do while I'm in there? The PO used ARP bolts on the head, but I don't think they are reusable. I was thinking about trying to find some cams, if I can find a set cheap.
                    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I thought ARP head studs were reusable?

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

So I had a car (volvo wagon) towed to a shop in early October of last year because the hood wouldn't open and I wanted the timing belt changed (I forgot to reinstall a cable that activates the latch on the passenger side) and I just didn't want to deal with it. Shop owner claimed to have fixed it, and so I told him to send me a bill...

After 8 months of pestering him, I finally got the bill last week while I was in Japan.

Show up today with a check to pay my bill and collect the car and the rear hatch wouldn't close (it was a wagon), the hood still wouldn't open, and the timing belt I had provided was still sitting on the seat.

Unbelievable.
                        You refused to pay, yes?
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Unbelievable.
                          I'm shocked you were going to pay someone to work on your car!

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                            Confirmed it today. The head gasket in my E30 is toast. Going to plan on replacing it when I get some down time in mid-July. I'm super bummed, because the only O'fest auto cross I can go to is the non-M one on the 19th. I was going to try to get a crew of us E30 guys up there. Anyone interested in splitting an entry in their E30?

Also, any suggestions on things to do while I'm in there? The PO used ARP bolts on the head, but I don't think they are reusable. I was thinking about trying to find some cams, if I can find a set cheap.
                            Tempting. I haven't run an event in over 5 years and want to get out this summer. Let me see how the 19th looks.

Comment

Originally posted by visionaut View Post
                              F'n crazy. So what did they claim to charge you for?
                              Well apparently they got the hood open, and then didn't put the cable I supplied in, and then closed the hood. So they're billing me for opening and closing the hood basically.

Not paying a dime though. Likely just going to donate the car to charity.

Originally posted by Zreberlcoe View Post
                              home depot.

I thought ARP head studs were reusable?
                              They can be. They have to be measured and then compared to spec. Have you ever taken a spring and stretched it so far that it doesn't pull itself back together? Bolts are the same concept. Once they stretch past a certain length, they won't be able to do their job.

Originally posted by Iannfld View Post
                              I'm shocked you were going to pay someone to work on your car!
                              Yeah man, me too. I was just so done with this particular one though. especially when the hood didn't open. They're a royal b*tch to open when the cable is disconnected or loose. You have to have the hands of a 5 year old to get to the latch on the passenger side.

Comment

Cars and Coffee this Saturday. Who's going?

Comment

Working...
                                X