Timing Belt Party / Check - In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing Belt Party / Check - In

Who needs it done? I am thinking still on my original plan of starting night before / morning of the Euro meet, showing up to the meet in a caravan, then bowling and drinking.

If you don't need a belt done but are willing to help / loan tools / have done this before, please mention something...

Quote and add your name, whether you need a belt done, or can help, etc.

1) Bishop - Needs Belt

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
    1) Bishop - Needs Belt
    2) Bimmerman325i - Might Need Belt, will show up
    Timing belt + GTG + drinking + bowling = win. Not sure I'll get mine done but I'll show for sure.

Also, what's the expected cost for the timing belt parts? I haven't honestly looked at the prices since mine's not super needed just yet. If it's a bunch I might wait a bit to pay off some vehicularly stupid purchases before doing the T-belt. Or wait till it dies and then V12 it. This idea will not die hahhaaha.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

1) Bishop - Needs Belt
      2) Bimmerman325i - Might Need Belt, will show up
      3) Sam - iamcreepingdeath - has never owned a car with a timing belt in it, but I can show up and get greasy!

night before is probably a better idea, just because its easier to work into the night than get up early in the morning, and we may possibly be fitting a photoshoot in before the meet too...

Comment

I'd be fine starting night before... and If I recall David, your looking at just over $100 for parts. I'd say $100-$150 for Tbelt parts, then more if you wanna replace more like plugs, wires, cap and rotor, oil change, etc. etc. etc. etc.

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

I'd be fine starting night before... and If I recall David, your looking at just over $100 for parts. I'd say $100-$150 for Tbelt parts, then more if you wanna replace more like plugs, wires, cap and rotor, oil change, etc. etc. etc. etc.
          That's not too bad actually.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

...especially considering the consequences of not doing it lol.
            - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
            Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

Exactly

Comment

i'd like to hold a massively massive bmw party here in indiana (as it's local to all parts of the nation) this summer i'll bring out a few cars natalie for sure and who knows i might have natasha or nadine out yes this is a hint of a ffew ladies who'll be joining my life very soon. and as always you'll be glad that i have junk in my trunk, as it's every variation of an 8 10 12 13 15 17 19 and 22 mm you could possibly need for these cars. i have a 14 but don't know why.

the local mall over here rarely has enough cars in it but there's over 10,000 spots we could use if we so chose. bishop i'd love to see your e30 in person wanna make a road trip?

Comment

Originally posted by whatt18yahoo View Post
                  i'd like to hold a massively massive bmw party here in indiana (as it's local to all parts of the nation) this summer i'll bring out a few cars natalie for sure and who knows i might have natasha or nadine out yes this is a hint of a ffew ladies who'll be joining my life very soon. and as always you'll be glad that i have junk in my trunk, as it's every variation of an 8 10 12 13 15 17 19 and 22 mm you could possibly need for these cars. i have a 14 but don't know why.

the local mall over here rarely has enough cars in it but there's over 10,000 spots we could use if we so chose. bishop i'd love to see your e30 in person wanna make a road trip?
                  Oh Em Gee, i hav toolz and shit in teh trunk of my cars too! What do I win? I even have a super ultra rare JDM 9.4mm crowfoot torque wrench that I use to synch my ITBs.

For those unfamiliar with the ultra sick psycho M20 build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=146135
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                    Oh Em Gee, i hav toolz and shit in teh trunk of my cars too! What do I win? I even have a super ultra rare JDM 9.4mm crowfoot torque wrench that I use to synch my ITBs.

For those unfamiliar with the ultra sick psycho M20 build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=146135

Comment

Originally posted by whatt18yahoo View Post

lol, this wasn't for a get together, or party... Nothing like that, its a meet for the locals who need the timing belt done. Get like 5 people together, should go quick and everyone profits from a new belt. Then we go to the local Euro meet, bowl and drink beer.

No road trip, my funds are tied up elsewhere.... Like my car, guns, girls, and the go fast mentality (straight line racing is for bitches). It's fun being way underpowered, but beating cars in time because of my driving and suspension (I'm not a pro driver, don't start with the cracks wise asses).

Who else needs to sign up for a belt, and who else can bring parts, food, beer, themselves?... :)

Comment

lol, this wasn't for a get together, or party... Nothing like that, its a meet for the locals who need the timing belt done. Get like 5 people together, should go quick and everyone profits from a new belt. Then we go to the local Euro meet, bowl and drink beer.

No road trip, my funds are tied up elsewhere.... Like my car, guns, girls, and the go fast mentality (straight line racing is for bitches). It's fun being way underpowered, but beating cars in time because of my driving and suspension (I'm not a pro driver, don't start with the cracks wise asses).

Who else needs to sign up for a belt, and who else can bring parts, food, beer, themselves?... :)
                        I like this beer and bowling and belts plan. It's the BBB!

Sincerely,

Wise Ass Number 1
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Yeah, since most of our bullshit never gets put into action, I hereby decree that we'll have a solid date picked by the 20th (end of this week, 1 week before the GTG). That way everyone has time to order parts and clear their schedule... GTG is on a Saturday, so we can start a few cars Friday night, and work saturday morning on what's left, then hit the meet and go bowling.

I love the bullshitting that's been coming up in the CO section, but we need to put some of it into action... So, I decreed some shit, and therefore, it shall be done. We need a location and a solid list of whose coming for belts / hangout / tools / etc.

Comment

Isn't the date already set? Feb 26th, night before the GTG? It's not like we can leave a timing belt job half done and do it more later, once you start you kinda have to keep going.

We are the bullshit masters. The GRM or Lemons car will happen though, mark my words. T-Pain fucked a mermaid to make it so.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

GRM / Lemons / TT car is a full-blown project in it's infancy.

26th would be fine with me (no school on Fridays). I am available all day. Hopefully Atreus, or Oliver, someone who has done one can chime in on how long it took so we can try to think about how many cars we can get done...

Comment

Working...
                              X