This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my own personal hell

6 months before my m20 psycho build I’m driving down the street in the rain and my cold air intake sucks up 10 ounces of water and hydrolocks my engine. I will try to post pics in this thread later but I cannot get my camera to work. In any case I called up my godfather and we towed my Natalie to my house, tore the head off the car and discovered 10 ounces of water between cylinders 1-5. So I decided that this engine is going to get a baby build as a backup for my psycho 3.3 m20 build. I have decided to use (by preference my I block if it's not damaged from the hydrolock) (otherwise I will use the e block I am buying) I am going to use the eta (2.7) crank because of the increase in stroke and due to clearance issues I will probably use the e rods I will mock up the I rods to test but I don't think this will work I am also going to use my I pistons regardless and my 885 (I head) (if my 885 is damaged I will replace it with an 885) I am basically just overhauling this motor but with an eta crank. I also am in need of suspension (do to a move to and then from Tucson where I was aproximately 1700 lbs overweight) so I will be overhauling the suspension top to bottom and to complete this overhaul I am also going to turbo this motor. It will be a small 5-10 psi but that’s just so I can get used to a turbo motor in preparation for the m20 psycho build. I forgot I am also buying a miller performance MAF conversion. While in the process I very well may convert to m5 brakes. Oh and last but not least a friend of mine gave me a set of line locks so I’ll be installing them as well.

the reason I consider this to be my own personal hell is I am just 6 months from the psycho build and frankly don't like repeating my work I really don't want to do 2 builds so I am fairly annoyed with this situation.

In the process of this build I will probably use an angle grinder and shave some weight off of crank, harmonic balancer and flywheel.

In the psycho build I will be buying a super light flywheel/clutch assembly and refuse to buy a second one for a lesser build.

I am curious if anyone has done this 2.7 build before and what problems if any you incurred
    Last edited by whatt18yahoo; 10-18-2009, 04:39 AM.

^^^^ That post made my head hurt.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by whatt18yahoo View Post
      6 months before my m20 psycho build I’m driving down the street in the rain and my cold air intake sucks up 10 ounces of water and hydrolocks my engine. I will try to post pics in this thread later but I cannot get my camera to work. In any case I called up my godfather and we towed my Natalie to my house, tore the head off the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]car[/COLOR] and discovered 10 ounces of water between cylinders 1-5. So I decided that this engine is going to get a baby build as a backup for my psycho 3.3 m20 build. I have decided to use (by preference my I block if it's not damaged from the hydrolock) (otherwise I will use the e block I am buying) I am going to use the eta (2.7) crank because of the increase in stroke and due to clearance issues I will probably use the e rods I will mock up the I rods to test but I don't think this will work I am also going to use my I pistons regardless and my 885 (I head) (if my 885 is damaged I will replace it with an 885) I am basically just overhauling this motor but with an eta crank. I also am in need of suspension (do to a move to and then from Tucson where I was aproximately 1700 lbs overweight) so I will be overhauling the suspension top to bottom and to complete this overhaul I am also going to turbo this motor. It will be a small 5-10 psi but that’s just so I can get used to a turbo motor in preparation for the m20 psycho build. I forgot I am also buying a miller performance MAF conversion. While in the process I very well may convert to m5 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]brakes[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Oh and last but not least a friend of mine gave me a set of line locks so I’ll be installing them as well. [/COLOR]
      someone needs to go back to grammar and writing school...

Comment

Remember to post your comments in a logical, readable, and comprehensible manner.

Comment

i appologize

i appologize i posted this on another forum and copied and pasted and the formatting got screwed up sorry

6 months before my m20 psycho build I’m driving down the street in the rain and my cold air intake sucks up 10 ounces of water and hydrolocks my engine. I will try to post pics in this thread later but I cannot get my camera to work. In any case I called up my godfather and we towed my Natalie to my house, tore the head off the car and discovered 10 ounces of water between cylinders 1-5. So I decided that this engine is going to get a baby build as a backup for my psycho 3.3 m20 build. I have decided to use (by preference my I block if it's not damaged from the hydrolock) (otherwise I will use the e block I am buying) I am going to use the eta (2.7) crank because of the increase in stroke and due to clearance issues I will probably use the e rods I will mock up the I rods to test but I don't think this will work I am also going to use my I pistons regardless and my 885 (I head) (if my 885 is damaged I will replace it with an 885) I am basically just overhauling this motor but with an eta crank. I also am in need of suspension (do to a move to and then from Tucson where I was aproximately 1700 lbs overweight) so I will be overhauling the suspension top to bottom and to complete this overhaul I am also going to turbo this motor. It will be a small 5-10 psi but that’s just so I can get used to a turbo motor in preparation for the m20 psycho build. I forgot I am also buying a miller performance MAF conversion. While in the process I very well may convert to m5 brakes. Oh and last but not least a friend of mine gave me a set of line locks so I’ll be installing them as well.

the reason I consider this to be my own personal hell is I am just 6 months from the psycho build and frankly don't like repeating my work I really don't want to do 2 builds so I am fairly annoyed with this situation.

In the process of this build I will probably use an angle grinder and shave some weight off of crank, harmonic balancer and flywheel.

In the psycho build I will be buying a super light flywheel/clutch assembly and refuse to buy a second one for a lesser build.

I am curious if anyone has done this 2.7 build before and what problems if any you incurred
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by 87' 325 View Post
            Remember to post your comments in a logical, readable, and comprehensible manner.
            Are you talkin to me?

Comment

i wonder what a psycho m20 is like? never heard of one :)

89 Alpine White e30 325i

Comment

what else are you doing to go from 2.7 to 3.3 with a eta crank?

Comment

Originally posted by scrape View Post
                  what else are you doing to go from 2.7 to 3.3 with a eta crank?
                  I dont think he is the guy you want to ask lol

Comment

Originally posted by spooledtt View Post
                    I dont think he is the guy you want to ask lol

Comment

in the spring i am taking an s54 crank and boring to 86.4 mm

Comment

btw i'm not crazy just 1 shade gray of = i am freaking nuts lol haqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Comment

fyi the eta crank is just temporary cause i am bored and have a junk yard nearby that is selling me an entire e block for dirt plus tax lol. anyone want the pistons? and block? let me know. i seriously just wanna know what this stroker is going to do in my car just to get an idea of what some power gain is going to be like

Comment

as promised these are the pics of my progress thus far. this is unfortunately after i pulled my head off. i am sorry that i don't have any in process pics.
                            Attached Files

Comment

i figured that while i'm at it i'd show some pics of modifications i've made to my car. i did all of the 2 tone leather and the woodgrain. also you will see that i installed a PA system for yelling at people for fun and a pair of kicker comps in the trunk (behind the ski boot area. i also did a dual battery setup using a pair of duralast gold 65-dlg these are 1000 cranking amps each the large brown wires are for a remote battery terminal and rear battery kill switch. the blue wire and the silver wire is for the amp. the red is for the computer box on the opposite side (custom fused). and hmmmm oh yeah the PA is setup running on a 300watt RMS amplifier for maximum annoyance of people i feel like yelling at.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X