Thoughts/Opinions?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roland H
    replied
    I'd just plan on buying something else. You can get much more car for the money.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Honestly, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that car. The seller's not terribly good at selling, and I'd hate to be strung along waiting for X to happen.

    I'd keep the option open but plan on buying something else.

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    ^^ Ben put my exact thoughts into words quite eloquently.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    I actually completely agree with Sam on that. I mean, kinda a dick move on the sellers part, and kinda putting seller in a choke hold, but I don't see why you shouldn't be able to bargain like that.... "I offered you full-price and you turned me down. The other buyer backed out and I still want the car, but I'm not going to pay full-price since you turned it down before. I'll offer you $2300 cash..." or something

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    ben and clark, re-read my post, i edited it pretty heavily since you replied.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Yeah... I doubt this seller is best buds with the dude in grand junction though

    Leave a comment:


  • clarkkey594
    replied
    Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath
    there is obviously something else going on. I held out like that in a similar fashion when selling my most recent E28 to a guy who kept offering to bring cash the same day, and I waited for someone else to buy it instead.

    Except my reasoning was that I would rather sell the car to a good friend of mine than someone I would never see again, and i ended up selling it to my friend after turning down numerous attempts of this other guy trying to give me money, and I am glad i did, because i still get to work on it, see it, drive it, etc, and maybe buy it back one day.
    This is a good philosophy. lol

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    there is obviously something else going on. I held out like that in a similar fashion when selling my most recent E28. I held out on a guy who kept offering to bring cash the same day, and I waited for someone else to buy it instead, that someone else being a good friend of mine.

    Except my reasoning was that I would rather sell the car to a good friend of mine than someone I would never see again, and i ended up selling it to my friend after turning down numerous attempts of this other guy trying to give me money, and I am glad i did, because i still get to work on it, see it, drive it, etc, and maybe buy it back one day.

    HOWEVER, it sounds like this guy holding out on you is just doing it just to do it. IF you go along with this, and wait patiently for the verdict from the guy in Grand Junction, and the guy in grand junction backs out, there is NO WAY you should still pay full price for the car. You should then be able to offer LESS than the guy in Grand Junction offered, and the seller would pretty much have to take it, as you are the only buyer left, and the fact that he missed his opportunity to get full price for his car, he won't get that opportunity again.
    Last edited by iamsam; 11-05-2010, 12:53 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Correction, this is why people suck... You should have to pass a competency exam to sell shit... I was talking about this last night I think to you Clark.... Mini is right here, with cash, full asking price, ready to drive away (wouldn't that extra $2800 be nice to have in Vegas dumbass?) and he's holding out for a guy who hasn't seen the car, offered him less, and lives like 4 hours away.... Fucking stupid

    Leave a comment:


  • clarkkey594
    replied
    This is why craigslist sucks.

    Leave a comment:


  • MisterMiniS
    replied
    Yah, I don't get it. I offered more, I can pay him whenever, I will drive up to Golden and take the car and spare parts from him. The other guy lives out by Grand Junction and would have to arrange some half assed attempt to meet him at a certain time and all that shit. Whatever.
    :loco:

    Leave a comment:


  • MisterMiniS
    replied
    Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath
    If you walked up to him w/ $2800 and said: "Look, when selling a car as-is, it is first come first serve. I have the cash right here and I will drive the car home right now, the money is yours, take it now or wait for someone else."
    Couldn't agree more, but this is the email that I got from him last night...

    Sorry for not calling this morning. I'm on vacation for the rest of
    the week in Vegas. Still waiting to hear back from my first offer.
    I'll get back to you asap Sunday. The car is yours if he falls
    through.

    So, I think he is on a different page.

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    Originally posted by MisterMiniS
    Yah, I'm not just going to run to the bank, get 2800 bucks and then walk up to him and have him be like, well, the other guy offered first, so I have to wait for him....
    If you walked up to him w/ $2800 and said: "Look, when selling a car as-is, it is first come first serve. I have the cash right here and I will drive the car home right now, the money is yours, take it now or wait for someone else."

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Sounds like I'd be annoyed with the owner as well...

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    What Sam said. First with cash walks away with the car.

    I don't expect anyone to hold a car or anything for me unless I pay em a deposit first.

    Leave a comment:

Working...