Thoughts/Opinions?
Collapse
X
-
Yah, I'm not just going to run to the bank, get 2800 bucks and then walk up to him and have him be like, well, the other guy offered first, so I have to wait for him.... -
Should be the other way around. You shouldn't pay the money as soon as he says it's yours, it's yours as soon as you pay the money. At least that's how it works if one was to follow proper car-selling etiquette on CL.Well, the other offer came from a guy living in grand junction ish area and I told the seller I can get him the money as soon as he says its mine. just have to stop by the bank and done. I dont know if the grand junction guy was going to meet him soon and deliver the money in hand or what, but I saw him today and said I could pay him the full price offer just as soon as he says its mine...so thats that.Leave a comment:
-
first of all, whoever brings an acceptable amount of cash first should get the car, period. That's how things usually work, so if he wanted to be a fair seller, he would sell it to you as soon as you brought money UNLESS the other guy gave him a downpayment first.
Also, next time i sell a car, i want to have buyers like you, who don't try to lowball! you are an easy person to sell a car to!! ;)
also, if it was me, i would sell the wheels and get smaller ones, and start looking for an S50...
Well, the other offer came from a guy living in grand junction ish area and I told the seller I can get him the money as soon as he says its mine. just have to stop by the bank and done. I dont know if the grand junction guy was going to meet him soon and deliver the money in hand or what, but I saw him today and said I could pay him the full price offer just as soon as he says its mine...so thats that.Leave a comment:
-
Yes, two others. One with 125k miles and one with bout 200k miles. They feel the same to me for the most part, but all three are chipped with different chips, one has an airbox, the other has a k&n filter...you know all these little things make it hard to determine how well it pulls, but in general, they are similar which leads me to think that this ones engine is in decent shape.
My life is a shit show, so I'll fit in here just fine :pLeave a comment:
-
first of all, whoever brings an acceptable amount of cash first should get the car, period. That's how things usually work, so if he wanted to be a fair seller, he would sell it to you as soon as you brought money UNLESS the other guy gave him a downpayment first.
Also, next time i sell a car, i want to have buyers like you, who don't try to lowball! you are an easy person to sell a car to!! ;)
also, if it was me, i would sell the wheels and get smaller ones, and start looking for an S50...Leave a comment:
-
Do you have another E30 to compare it against to see if it's "strong?" Hopefully you'll get the car and become part of the shit show we call mountain section on r3vLeave a comment:
-
I asked him about that an he said that made him more conscious about what he was revving too....but yah, I guess at almost 300k miles, and it still runs strong, it must not have been over revved too much...right?
I guess I should get a legit chip and put that in. Anyways, the owner is out of town starting tomorrow through th 8th, so even if I am the lucky one to own this car, I cannot take delivery till i'd say the 9th :( No biggie, just gets me excited even more.
still hope the other dude doesn't try to steal it back!Leave a comment:
-
Hmmm, I'm not sure how I feel about this car, but it sounds like you might be coming out in an ok spot. Not really a smoking deal, but if it's a great car, then it's a good price.... The revlimiter is kinda sketch, but not a big deal if it hasn't been revved super high... The paint, I can take a look at it ;)Leave a comment:
-
Sounds like a good deal. The price is good for car that has service history, it shows that it was cared for. You said the tires are good which is a huge deal with the cost of tires. You can always sell the subs and make some extra money, it is nice getting extras with a car. The no rev limiter is the only thing that sucks. If it was over-reved a lot that could cause excessive wear. But, 2800 for any car is chump change imo.
Also, if life goes my way then I will have a good black leather interior you can buy to replace the worn seats :)Leave a comment:
-
So, I finally met with the guy and it actually went REALLY well. The car is in great shape. NO DASH CRACKS!!!!!!!! There is one tiny spot of rust by the tow hook, but that is it. I drove the car and it pulls hard, drives straight, brakes straight, doesnt rattle...dunno, I'm reather pleased with it.
There are a few things that I am kinda iffy about. First, the "Performance Chip" that the car has is a knockoff chip and there is no rev limiter on the car.....
Secondly, the seats are in 6/10 condition, but that is whatever. There are some new Conti's on there. I think they were 205 45/17. I knew that I would need to do the timing belt and therefore the water pump, so thats not really an issue. He JUST installed steel braided brake lines (why install new parts on your car before you sell??!!?!?!).
ummm, the paint was pretty nice with a little fading one the front valence and some on the trunk lip. The OBC works fine, speedo/tach work, power sunroof works, short shift kit is really nice.
It has US ellipsoids. One of the fog light covers was cracked...whos isn't?
On a plus side, he has the record of everything done to the car since it was bought in 88 including the window sticker...pretty huge ass pile of papers.
Long story short, the car is in pretty damn good condition for almost 300k miles. I asked about the oil and he said about 6-700 miles per quart, so that is no biggie. The engine bay was clean and so was everything else. Just shows he works on it a lot.
So, he said that he got an offer just below asking price, so I offered the asking price :p My logic is that 2-300 bucks over the course of my life and the difference between getting this car and not is kinda not really worth bitching over. It might not be worth 2800, but its been the best available car in this region that I have seen in a long time for the price. The problem is that the other person never saw the car and just straight up offered him a price. I waited until I saw the car (logically) and then offered. So, the current owner pretty much said that the other person did offer first, so if they are willing to match my offer or beat it, the car will go to them. So, now I am just waiting for the news from the owner. He said he would be able to let me know tonight assuming that he could get a hold of the person making the offer......so im kinda hanging here.
oh yah, its also got a really nice sound system with a sub in the trunk (not sure how I feel about that...they are heavy) but it does come with an ipod hookup! yay.
I'll keep you all posted.Leave a comment:
-
Ok, so I am officially meeting him today at 5:15 at the Lowes home improvemnt at colfax and kipling. I have two fellow car guys going with. One has an e30 and the other has built an SMF regional champ car, so that should be good.
Hopefully no flaking out :pLeave a comment:
-
If he can't even get his own shit together be warned that the car may not be too well cared for either.Leave a comment:
-
This clown keeps changing his schedule. Now he can only meet tomorrow at 5. Cool, however I am working then!!!!!!!!!! WTF was wrong with 7:30??!?!?!?!!?
Anyways, not sure when we are going to meet but it is not going to be at his apt complex. Thanks anyways for the helping hand.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: