Car stolen? Now what?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pantless Spency
    replied
    wow.
    sad to see shit like this happen, hope it ends in your favor OP.

    Leave a comment:


  • clarkkey594
    replied
    Originally posted by Roland H
    I don't mean to be rude here, but a good retainer would cost significantly more than what the car is worth.
    This might be true. But you could also go another route and maybe one will do it "pro bono" if you are super lucky.
    Originally posted by Cloudbase
    I bet you could get a lawyer to sniff around for a couple hundred bucks. Might at least shift the momentum in your favor.
    This is totally worth a shot.

    P.S. Thanks Roland for shitting on someone's parade as usual.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    Originally posted by twinkse30
    True but it's kinda fucked up that I'll end up with nothing..
    Definitely. :(

    Leave a comment:


  • Cloudbase
    replied
    I bet you could get a lawyer to sniff around for a couple hundred bucks. Might at least shift the momentum in your favor.

    Leave a comment:


  • QUKBMER
    replied
    That sucks bro,i hope you get it back. ;) Keep us posted.

    Leave a comment:


  • twinkse30
    replied
    Originally posted by quikveedb2
    Was the title from the PO a fake? I'm not sure how you could've gotten it titled in your name and THEN it pops up as stolen. PO called it in after he sold it to you, maybe? It might be worth talking to a lawyer.
    Nope the tittle was legit,I payed taxes for the car an got everything under my name

    Leave a comment:


  • twinkse30
    replied
    Originally posted by Roland H
    I don't mean to be rude here, but a good retainer would cost significantly more than what the car is worth.
    True but it's kinda fucked up that I'll end up with nothing..

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    Originally posted by quikveedb2
    Was the title from the PO a fake? I'm not sure how you could've gotten it titled in your name and THEN it pops up as stolen. PO called it in after he sold it to you, maybe? It might be worth talking to a lawyer.
    I don't mean to be rude here, but a good retainer would cost significantly more than what the car is worth.

    Leave a comment:


  • quikveedb2
    replied
    Was the title from the PO a fake? I'm not sure how you could've gotten it titled in your name and THEN it pops up as stolen. PO called it in after he sold it to you, maybe? It might be worth talking to a lawyer.

    Leave a comment:


  • twinkse30
    replied
    I called the guy,but he keeps saying that I got the wrong number ect.
    It's such bs! Like hello it's under my name so the car is mine!

    Pic of yesterday when it got towed away

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    dude i don't understand how they think its stolen if YOU have the title legally in YOUR name.

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    Somehow I don't see that car ever coming back. Someone has to pay though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    If he has a bill of sale, yes.

    Leave a comment:


  • lambo
    replied
    That's a load of crap. Can't you go after the seller?

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    I'd go ape

    Leave a comment:

Working...