Car stolen? Now what?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • twinkse30
    replied
    Latest update,first I got my e30 running so I'm driving that now

    With the e36 cops came to my house I did a report about how I got the car ect. The city of denver now has the car. They said that I should be getting a call soon about what's goin to happen with car.

    I guess I'm fucked now! Hopefully I get it back soon..

    Leave a comment:


  • twinkse30
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackout
    I would like to how this turns out. Keep us posted OP.
    I will most def keep everyone posted,as of right now I'm waiting on that "officer" to call me back. The car is just parked for now..

    Called the PO but he don't answer the phone!

    Leave a comment:


  • twinkse30
    replied
    Originally posted by mr.vang
    if you already got the title under your name, i don't see the problem. if the PO stole it and sold it to you then it should pop up when you transfer it to your name. there must have been a mistake.
    That's what I'm think that's hopefully a mistake,ive put way to much money in it to get it token away over a mistake!

    Leave a comment:


  • twinkse30
    replied
    Originally posted by Roland H
    Yikes... that must not have been cheap.
    $400 just to get it all welded up,now just neeeds new bushings..

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    yep, there should't be a problem at all if you have a legitimate title in your name from the DMV. By law, that is your car, period.

    Leave a comment:


  • Blackout
    replied
    I would like to how this turns out. Keep us posted OP.

    Leave a comment:


  • mod_junkie
    replied
    there is a chance that the car was previously stolen and recovered, but the police department never took it off the hot sheet... my buddy was driving his parents linclon towncar that had been stolen a couple years back and we got popped because the reg came back stolen.. so it could just be that

    Leave a comment:


  • mr.vang
    replied
    Originally posted by twinkse30
    I got the car from some guy of cl,got a bill of sale and tittle. The day after buying I went to DMV and got the tittle under my name,payed taxes and got a temp for it all under my name
    if you already got the title under your name, i don't see the problem. if the PO stole it and sold it to you then it should pop up when you transfer it to your name. there must have been a mistake.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Wow that's sucky.
    Find the P.O immediately, and let him know that you want to be his Sledgehammer, why dont you call his name.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    If you hold the title and bill of sale, then I don't see how the car could have been reported stolen by anyone but you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    Originally posted by twinkse30
    Such bs dude I just got it back from the shop from getting the subframe fixed! And the e30 has way to many issues so I guess catching the bus from now on..
    Yikes... that must not have been cheap.

    Leave a comment:


  • twinkse30
    replied
    Originally posted by Roland H
    Dude, that's sketchy. Sorry to hear that. :(
    Such bs dude I just got it back from the shop from getting the subframe fixed! And the e30 has way to many issues so I guess catching the bus from now on..

    Leave a comment:


  • twinkse30
    replied
    Originally posted by E30_Pare
    That's interesting. If anything the cops with probably confiscate the car & leave u with nothing, but a sorry
    They probably will,they told my cousin the same thing on his car. He took it for "inspection" they took it away never have it back:/

    Leave a comment:


  • twinkse30
    replied
    Originally posted by downforce22
    That sucks,who did you buy it from and did you get a title?
    I got the car from some guy of cl,got a bill of sale and tittle. The day after buying I went to DMV and got the tittle under my name,payed taxes and got a temp for it all under my name

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    Dude, that's sketchy. Sorry to hear that. :(

    Leave a comment:

Working...