Complete M20 exhaust setup - Local pickup only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete M20 exhaust setup - Local pickup only

I am not interesting in getting this thing shipped, so I figured that I would see if anyone local is interested.

- IE Long Tube Headers (they sound badass BTW. Basically like you have a cam upgrade) 2.25"
    - 2-1 Y connector. dual 2.25" in and 2.5" out
    - high flow cat 2.5"
    - Vibrant resonator 2.5"
    - worlds smallest straight through Magnaflow muffler that exists to say I have a muffler more than does anything 2.5"
    - Decent hangers

I DID PASS EMISSIONS in February with this exact setup. I had a Mark D chip, did not pass, swapped back to my stock chip and passed. So, I imagine it was not close. Been running this setup for ~1 year without any issues whatsoever.

Gallery of the exhaust itself: http://imgur.com/a/5h1By
    Gallery of how it sits: http://imgur.com/a/M9985

It is low, but that is more a facet of my coilovers/springs/shocks that anything. You will have to be a tad careful on speedbumps, but after ~1000 miles of street driving, I have gotten away with only a few scrapes.

Let me know if you are interested.

1989 325i Alpine White
    69 STX

I just bought IE longtubes yesterday. :(
    Build Thread
    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
    Parts Thread
    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Sad face. Well, they sound great. You will really like them.

Here's a video of just the IE long tube headers. Nothing else.

1989 325i Alpine White
      69 STX

Comment

Do you have a sound clip? I'm modeling my exhaust setup in a similar manor and would love to hear what this sounds like. GLWS

Originally posted by 2mAn
        The BMW V6 is the best

Comment

Kinda kicked myself for not getting one before I pulled it off. I will say it is on the louder side than normal. I imagine a larger muffler will help that. Also, 3.5-5k sounds amazing. I really suggest the vibrant resonator. Lots. It is so worth it.

1989 325i Alpine White
          69 STX

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMiniS View Post
            Kinda kicked myself for not getting one before I pulled it off. I will say it is on the louder side than normal. I imagine a larger muffler will help that. Also, 3.5-5k sounds amazing. I really suggest the vibrant resonator. Lots. It is so worth it.
            Ah, no biggie. I have a vibrant ultra quiet, so I'm hoping that'll take care of any bad drone. Thanks

Originally posted by 2mAn
            The BMW V6 is the best

Comment

What are you asking?

Comment

Long tubes headers?

In your third pic, those look like IE "shorty" headers with the merge collectors next to the oil filter. http://www.iemotorsport.com/bmw/item/e30headerss.html

Long tube headers like I have (Stahl and BavAuto/Tubular Designs, ceramic coated of course), or IE Stage 2, the merge collectors--where the 3 pipes merge into 1--are located much further down near the exhaust hanger on the transmission. http://www.iemotorsport.com/bmw/item/M20STG2.html

Not trying to be a dick, but you are a local and trying to avoid any confusion in our community as the IE shorty's list for $325 while the long tubes are $510--and many tuner's know there IS a substantial performance difference between the two different designs--and of course your resale price should reflect that.

If I'm wrong, my sincere apologies...

GLWS
                Last edited by nogapersnBMWs; 11-07-2017, 09:38 PM.
                1989 332iS AW2 @ 2,342 lbs. m20b31 (JE FSR 10.5:1; 284/280 cam; ST+1 Intakes; RHD 40mm ITB/CF Plenum; Stahl 1.5"/CRMB X/Borla XS Pro; TMS J-Stock suspension (Ver. 2); M3 E3 undertray/VAC CF splitter; exhaust blown difusser; (Teves Mk60 ABS in trunk next)

Originally posted by Jb325is
                Sucks for everyone involved. Lots of guys are just building IG cars these days... Look good on the internet, but in real life they're hacked up piles of shit.
                Transaction Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=258421

Comment

And if the 2 long tubes AFTER the 3-to-1 merge collector represents "long tube headers", I would have to say hmmmm?

On an inline six firing with a firing order of 1-5-3-6-2-4 like an m20, a true long tube header design to the 3-to-1 merge collectors--like Stahl, BavAuto/Tubular Designs, IE Stage 2, etc--helps keep each cylinder pulse separate as each header bank itself acts like two independent engines whose exhaust pulses (cylinders 3-2-1 on front header, 6-5-4 on the rear) alternately chase each other down the exhaust, ideally creating a suction.

In general, the longer the header tubes until the 3-to-1 merge collector, the better mid-to-high range RPM performance gains as the longer tubes help scavenge primary exhaust pulses down the exhaust system while simultaneously using secondary reflective pulses to help increase intake air/fuel flow suction better than shorter tubes, which are generally used to increase low end power since they cannot independently scavenge exhaust pulses as well.

So to me long tube headers designation is determined by where the 3-to-1 collector is located--since this location affects performance--not after the merge collectors where your exhaust converts to 2 pipes or whatever in your exhaust (in your system a "Y-pipe" to a single center-to-cat-back pipe to a Vibrant muffler, in mine and x pipe to dual straight pipes--then smaller dual pipes like BMW engineers used to keep exhaust velocity up since exhaust gasses cool along the length of the exhaust and velocity slows down--to a dual in-out Borla ProXS muffler). But unlike BMW engineer's who crushed 3" of the stock cat-back exhaust pipes under the rear left trailing arm for clearance purposes, but resulting in a 10% decrease in diameter IIRC, my section isn't.

You can even use PipeMax Headers Design Software if your real interested in the proper exhaust scavenging and harmonics, ideal header tube length for a given cam, ideal location for an x-pipe, etc.

Last edited by nogapersnBMWs; 11-19-2017, 01:02 PM. Reason: crushed 3"
                  1989 332iS AW2 @ 2,342 lbs. m20b31 (JE FSR 10.5:1; 284/280 cam; ST+1 Intakes; RHD 40mm ITB/CF Plenum; Stahl 1.5"/CRMB X/Borla XS Pro; TMS J-Stock suspension (Ver. 2); M3 E3 undertray/VAC CF splitter; exhaust blown difusser; (Teves Mk60 ABS in trunk next)

Sucks for everyone involved. Lots of guys are just building IG cars these days... Look good on the internet, but in real life they're hacked up piles of shit.

Comment

Also curious about asking price.
                    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                    You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

A) Classified Forum Rules:

"A price must be posted [with all for sale items]..."

B) Classified Forum Rules Update:

Originally posted by agent View Post
                      The language in the Classified Forums Rules Announcement has been clarified [for all future sales]:

A price must be posted...

Please ensure your for sale threads meet all the necessary requirements.

Thanks!
                      Of course listing is NOT in "Classified" but rather listed in "Mountain," but isn't this listing a FOR SALE thread?
                      Last edited by nogapersnBMWs; 03-05-2018, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nogapersnBMWs View Post
                        Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                        haha! why don't you list this on Facebook? they have way more money than we do.
                        With no listed price, maybe OP--who hasn't logged on since 8/17--sold exhaust on FB realizing "they have more money than we do"...

Comment

Working...
                        X