ISO Place to get lower end rebuilt - e30 IX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO Place to get lower end rebuilt - e30 IX

I'm working to restore an e30 from 1989. I've got an IX motor taken apart and now need someone to machine and possibly reassemble the bottom end.
    Does anybody have recommendations for a shop in the Portland OR area?

Thanks

Originally posted by boleman42 View Post
    I'm working to restore an e30 from 1989. I've got an IX motor taken apart and now need someone to machine and possibly reassemble the bottom end.
    Does anybody have recommendations for a shop in the Portland OR area?

Thanks
    Bummer that nobody has chimed in. I know some spots in the Seattle area I could recommend, but nothing in Portland.

Edit: Just remembered a dude I follow on YouTube. He has a HUGE badass collection of BMWs and I looked and I think the shop he uses is called Racecraft, but couldnt find anything about it online. I did find this. Maybe start calling them if you havent already found a place

Find a nearby Oregon mechanic using Oregon’s most comprehensive online directory of independent BMW repair shops. Read shop reviews and information on BimmerShops.com.

BTW The YouTube guy is called NeuKlasseGuy So many awesome videos of vintage racers. E9 CSL, 2002s and a E30 M3
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Racecraft's up north towards Lake Stevens, Wah, I do think.

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I found a guy locally that rebuilt my lower end. I removed the old engine and transmission this weekend - what a chore that was!

Comment

Did you have an ix-specific engine rebuilt? it's not going to work otherwise.. hopefully you did!
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Nando, yes, I bought an IX motor and am building it up to replace the blown one in my car (holes in block from broken rod)

Comment

I wonder if Mike O'Hara's still doing engines...

Gordon Jones liked him, and Gordon is fast in a slow car.

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
              X