Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Henna30 View Post
    Wow



    Comment


      I bet it handles like shit

      Comment


        Fuck me right in the ass... I fucking... The my self! Damn it!
        So I put a cheap as oil filter on because I was doing a motor flush once it's all togather.. An so I come home ... Put the oil flush in it.. Run it. And then drained it. Etc.. But when I put the oil filter on. I over tightened it! Like usual. So I ran to cost less got a thing that goes on the end. Still won't budge. Got a rubber strap type one also.. Still don't budge. Got those huge pliers forget the name.. Still won't budge! Took the oil filter housing off the car.. And left it. Gotta think of other ways for tomorrow. Any ideas?
        sigpic


        1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
        1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
        1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
        1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

        2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
        (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
        1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
        2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
        2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)



        "R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

        Comment


          Originally posted by MT325is View Post
          Fuck me right in the ass... I fucking... The my self! Damn it!
          So I put a cheap as oil filter on because I was doing a motor flush once it's all togather.. An so I come home ... Put the oil flush in it.. Run it. And then drained it. Etc.. But when I put the oil filter on. I over tightened it! Like usual. So I ran to cost less got a thing that goes on the end. Still won't budge. Got a rubber strap type one also.. Still don't budge. Got those huge pliers forget the name.. Still won't budge! Took the oil filter housing off the car.. And left it. Gotta think of other ways for tomorrow. Any ideas?
          Lol noob jab a screw driver in it and manually unscrew it.

          Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
          sigpic

          Comment


            And this isn't the first time this happened to me.. You would assume I learn the first time around. Ya no not really! Ugh!
            sigpic


            1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
            1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
            1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
            1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

            2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
            (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
            1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
            2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
            2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)



            "R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

            Comment


              Stabbing it with a screw driver never fails

              Comment


                I have had good luck with the chain strap type.


                (Although stabbing it with a screwdriver is certainly more satisfying!)
                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

                Comment


                  I think the S50 will finally hit the streets tomorrow. Been so completely unmotivated to work on the damn thing, but it's time to finish it up and drive the fucker!
                  Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                  503.967.3800
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                  Comment


                    Let's hope you guys are right. Or else I quit puttin my oil filters on. My mind thinks 1/4 of a turn is to little n it will leak!

                    And the other thing I tried is channel locks... That thing is all bent up now still nothing!
                    sigpic


                    1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                    1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
                    1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                    1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

                    2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
                    (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                    1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                    2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
                    2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)



                    "R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

                    Comment


                      I remembered the first oil change in my M3, I was so frightened of overtightening it that I did it exactly to spec - I started it up and it LEAKED ALL OVER THE GARAGE FLOOR. Dumped a ton of oil out.

                      From now on I put them on hand-tight. If I have to fight to remove them later, that's better than having them leak like that time.
                      '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

                      Comment


                        My first time changing oil I was absolutely horrified that it would come out at like a thousand degrees and melt my hand off. Wholly anticlimactic when oil after you warm up the car is just....warm.
                        Alpha Team Inductee

                        2014 Icon E-Flyer
                        2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                        2010 Buell XB9SX
                        2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                        1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                        1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                        1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                        2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                        2002 Mazda Miata LS

                        Comment


                          Now it's official. My auto has finally shit the bed. Stuck in 2nd and no 3rd or OD. Still have reverse and 2nd. Damn, 398k miles on the factory transmission is not to shabby. Time for 5 speed fun. I figure ill keep my 373 in for now and if its too much on the highway ill try and find a 364. Any flywheel recommendations?

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            3.73 is awesome with an M30 and G260/G265. I'd leave it. Sorry about your trans though.
                            Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                            503.967.3800
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                            Comment


                              I need to get rid of this aquarium I have no room or time for anymore. Anybody want to trade me some decent wheels for a sweet ass 72g bowfront with a knarly 900 gallon per an hour filter.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by e30Rooster View Post
                                Lol noob jab a screw driver in it and manually unscrew it.

                                Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
                                Why this hasn't been done yet beats me, but just stab & turn. You're doing fine so don't lose confidence

                                Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                                I remembered the first oil change in my M3, I was so frightened of overtightening it that I did it exactly to spec - I started it up and it LEAKED ALL OVER THE GARAGE FLOOR. Dumped a ton of oil out.

                                From now on I put them on hand-tight. If I have to fight to remove them later, that's better than having them leak like that time.
                                ^ This method never fails.
                                Originally posted by James Crivellone
                                1) The internet is NOT serious business.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X