Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Have you contacted them? ... I have


    From: Bring a Trailer
    Date: Thu, Jun 29, 2017

    Some Questions About Your Listing

    Hi Simon,

    We are inundated with submissions in this price range and E30s in particular, and unfortunately we simply cannot list them all. We would only consider your car in a no reserve auction.

    Best,
    Howard Swig
    Bring a Trailer Auctions


    This was their response after I told them I was considering making my car BAR legal. I'm not about to spend more money with no protection that I can have a reserve

    That is my issue with it. My car is also banned from CA, so I have a feeling that would create an issue with BAT.
    Autobahn Motorsport - Portland, Oregon
    @autobahnmotorsport
    '88 M5 | '88 325i | '88 325is | '88 330is | '91 325is | '91 M-Technic 325ic | '93 740il | '03 325it

    Comment


      we are going to try our hands at open wheel next season.
      Da fuq IS that thing?

      That looks terrifying, just from the rear wing elements...

      t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

      Comment


        Originally posted by TobyB View Post
        Da fuq IS that thing?

        That looks terrifying, just from the rear wing elements...

        t

        Terrifying?
        That thing looks FUN.
        sigpic
        Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

        Comment


          Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Have you contacted them? ... I have


          From: Bring a Trailer
          Date: Thu, Jun 29, 2017

          Some Questions About Your Listing

          Hi Simon,

          We are inundated with submissions in this price range and E30s in particular, and unfortunately we simply cannot list them all. We would only consider your car in a no reserve auction.

          Best,
          Howard Swig
          Bring a Trailer Auctions


          This was their response after I told them I was considering making my car BAR legal. I'm not about to spend more money with no protection that I can have a reserve

          settle down, no need to get all worked up.

          i guess make your car nicer, and sell it for 50k


          Please leave feedback below, thanks

          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

          Comment


            Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
            settle down, no need to get all worked up.

            i guess make your car nicer, and sell it for 50k
            Im not worked up. You suggested something that perhaps I hadnt thought of yet and I corrected you.

            And 50k, you're joking right? You arent really that dumb. right? (being serious)

            Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            That is my issue with it. My car is also banned from CA, so I have a feeling that would create an issue with BAT.
            You can try your car, but being out of CA and not being CA legal isnt your problem. Im trying to appeal to potential buyers, but Im not going to throw another grand (potentially) at the car if I cant get any type of protection against it. Obviously I know Im not going to get my money back, but I dont want to get hosed by stupid comments killing my auction and have my "crappy non-VIN matching swapped abomination" sell for $3500
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
            Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
            Originally posted by Melon
            Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.

            Comment


              well

              i have no idea why they wont let just anyone put cars on there, if its 99$ a car, they would get rich...

              seems like they are segregating cars, and only posting suuper clean examples.


              Please leave feedback below, thanks

              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

              Comment


                Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                well

                i have no idea why they wont let just anyone put cars on there,
                I thought the whole idea behind BaT is you buy a barn find. Hence the name. BRING A TRAILER.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

                Comment


                  it's a site for selling uncommon enthusiast cars, just cause the name mentions a trailer doesn't mean it's for barn finds ;)

                  they usually only have about 100 cars up at any given time and i'm sure there's a point of diminishing returns for offering more beyond a certain number of concurrent auctions

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                    well

                    i have no idea why they wont let just anyone put cars on there, if its 99$ a car, they would get rich...

                    seems like they are segregating cars, and only posting suuper clean examples.
                    well, there was a stock eclipse GSX on there as a no-reserve auction. clean original car minus the shit paint that basically every car from the 90s had... sold for $1700.... I was tempted to bid on it because thats a pretty damn bulletproof car, but it didnt quite fit into BaT's "model" so to ensure it sells, no-reserve was their option.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
                    Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
                    Originally posted by Melon
                    Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.

                    Comment


                      bulletproof? GSX?

                      Comment


                        I'm curious to see how BAT will want to place my car when I put it up for sale next month. I've finally got a bunch of nice pictures and am slowly getting the courage to submit it. I've filled out the form twice and then just exited out. lol This time will be for real though. The Henna will officially be for sale.

                        1984 Hennarot 325i - Euro swapped /Built m20 -FOR SALE-
                        1968 Mercury Cougar --Restored Garage queen-

                        Comment


                          Roman,

                          First of all, dont do it! (standard R3V disclaimer)
                          Second, they will definitely LOVE your car because its clean and OEM+ and probably numbers matching. It should do quite well.
                          Third, you know what you need to do before you sell it. Im waiting for those pics. Me first, then post the ad
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
                          Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
                          Originally posted by Melon
                          Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                            Da fuq IS that thing?



                            That looks terrifying, just from the rear wing elements...



                            t


                            Hill climbs my friend.


                            Looking at Pikes Peak as an option.

                            (If James Clay can do it, anybody can!)


                            [emoji1]


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                            2006 BMW X3
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              Roman,

                              First of all, dont do it! (standard R3V disclaimer)
                              Second, they will definitely LOVE your car because its clean and OEM+ and probably numbers matching. It should do quite well.
                              Third, you know what you need to do before you sell it. Im waiting for those pics. Me first, then post the ad




                              Well thank you! and yes ill be sure and get you your pictures first!!! Christian and I have still been trying to get together for a real photo shoot. Ive got some from my brothers phone that we took the other night. Its one of the new Iphone 7 plus things with "portrait mode" They actually turned out really nice. I can email you some if you'd like!

                              1984 Hennarot 325i - Euro swapped /Built m20 -FOR SALE-
                              1968 Mercury Cougar --Restored Garage queen-

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                                Hill climbs my friend.


                                Looking at Pikes Peak as an option.

                                (If James Clay can do it, anybody can!)

                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                What are the two side tanks with very little protection? Is that fuel?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X