PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody asked about upcoming projects:
    - rack and pinion decided to stop turning last week. Waiting on the Rack Doctor to send me a ZHP rack. Something I’ve been wanting to do for a while, just needed a push.
    - finned Z4M 3.23 diff waiting to be installed. Put in new clothes and carrier bearings along with the Garagistic second mount.
    - E46 M3 6-sp trans has been sitting in the corner since I picked it up five years ago. This may or may not happen, since I'll need a new flywheel and clutch and shifter parts ($$$).
    There’s more, but those are the major ones for the year.
    S52-Powered 1987
    sigpic

Comment

Whats the 420g 6 spd going in? Ive been wanting to mate one to my m20 for a while.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by vtechnik View Post
        Whats the 420g 6 spd going in? Ive been wanting to mate one to my m20 for a while.
        Going behind the S52 in my e30. The 5 spd that came with the engine is getting a little tired (240k) and I’d like a little lower rpm during my daily commute on the freeway. I’ve got the short front half of the drive-shaft and none of anything else. Need to start accumulating the parts.
        S52-Powered 1987
        sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6f08902d-456b-490e-9327-d6da275340df - Edited.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	9899787 Click image for larger version

Name:	7ffd291e-8b7e-4e88-88fb-9e8d6d5d21af - Edited.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	9899788

Name:	c4328cd2-16af-40f1-96c1-134fabfc9fbc - Edited.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	9899789

Name:	19e2b81b-f820-4700-9781-4b7c3aac33f2.jpeg
Views:	696
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	9899791

Hello all,

I purchased my new M235i today, so I will be posting my e30 on CL. Just thought I would mention it here as I have received tons of help from the forum members. I am in West Linn if anyone wants to see it. You can ask also check with Austin on his opinion, as he was my go to mechanic. New timing belt, rotors, pads, hoses and tons of other stuff. I tried to get all the work done that the PPI and Austin noted. It would likely need the AC recharged/updated if you want it. Runs great, interior is VERY good for original. Top is in great shape and the electric motors work. More pics on CL, but R3V price or $3500 for the forum.

Thx,
          Mark

Attached Files

Comment

sold, thx for all the help people

Comment

So, I did a thing. This the first plug for the sale of all of my euro bumper stuff, if anyone is interested. Clean & complete set of bumpers, 2 jimmy hills, 2 euro valances, complete fog lights, almost enough parts for a spare front bumper, fog light deletes, spare signal housings...lots of extras available. Official ads coming soon...
              -Peter
              '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
              '91 318is slicktop project
              '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
              '00 Tundra

Comment

Anyone have an S/M50 intake lying around I could buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
                  Anyone have an S/M50 intake lying around I could buy?
                  I do actually. PM me

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Anyone know of a decent shop in the Port Angeles area for a PPI on a truck? I'm in Seattle and would prefer not to drive out there only to find out it's junk, only so much can be determined via pics.
                    Thanks for any input!
                    Cheers
                    I may be an addict...
                    oo M Coupe - gone but not forgotten
                    Fixed and sold: 87 325is, 87 Pro3, 88 325is, 91 318is
                    89 325iX - work in progress
                    00 Ranger - the little Tow-Rig that could

Comment

OK, are we all dead from the Covids or what, here?

t
                      working on an M54 to stuff into an E30
                      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                        OK, are we all dead from the Covids or what, here?

t
                        working on an M54 to stuff into an E30
                        nope, still alive, still working.

bought a 318is on Monday (happy birthday to me), a really solid, brilliant red/natur tan, 140k mile car. the former owner started to do an M50nv conversion, but it never got finished. i bought a replacement complete M42 drivetrain, and have it on the stand, ready to be regasketed and hopefully will shove it back in the car this weekend.

i'm really surprised how excited i am about a 318is. wouldn't have caught me dead, driving one of these things, ten years ago. oh, how age changes people..

also, rebuilt all the suspension on my red s50 car, a couple weeks back. i installed a full GC/Koni e30 m3 complete setup, all rebuilt/powder coated brakes, control arms, master cylinder, wheel bearings, blah blah blah. had an e30 m3 cluster and a full set of gauges that i've been delaying installing for the better part of a decade, so i installed all that stuff. something to do, i guess.
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good machine shop near south Seattle/Kent area? Will even go as far south as Tacoma.

Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by AlNwbmwfan View Post
                            Does anyone have a suggestion for a good machine shop near south Seattle/Kent area? Will even go as far south as Tacoma.

Thx!
                            DG Machine in Auburn. Dale was looking to sell the business (not sure if he finally did) but if he is still around he does great work!
                            - Greg
                            α Team Founding Member
                            1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
                            2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

Im still working during the covid but thankfully im managing to keep on top of my project. I just need to find the time to update my build thread.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post

I do actually. PM me
                                Hi Abe.

Comment

Working...
                                X