• Show
Clear All

gay talk and cut springs are always great converstion topics haha
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
      Looking good Adam. How did you get the front springs out? And did you replace the struts/shocks?
      Thanks man. Rides pretty nice too, better than before. And she's cleaned up nicely too.

You have to take off the sway bar, control arm and pretty much everything else up front. No new shocks until I get a set of billies.
      Last edited by Twelvizm; 04-13-2011, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
        gay talk and cut springs are always great converstion topics haha
        And both only get idiots riled up.

Comment

Yea I thought so, I sure don't like separating ball joints, I always break something lol. That is the only thing keeping me from lowering my 21

Bahama Beige E23 Project
          Bluebird Bus Conversion
          New Oregon Trail

Comment

Clean e21 for sure
            Originally posted by z31maniac
            I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Thank you sir. Believe it or not, I'm actually pretty anal about my cars. Nohomo.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                Yea I thought so, I sure don't like separating ball joints, I always break something lol. That is the only thing keeping me from lowering my 21

Bring it out this way and I'll hook you up. It would have to be on a weekend though. Wanna trade a chop for a driver's side rear trailing arm? I need one until I piece together the 323i ass end swap, which is slowly killing me.

Comment

OK enough e21 talk. Who's doing what to their E30's? Is there an E21 dedicated message board? Just curious.

We had some guy bring his 83 318i into our shop today, just ragged as fuck... Car was like falling apart and he didn't want to do anything to bring it back to square one.. His excuse? "It's a sleeper."
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

There is but nothing really localized. Just one club's forum and it's dead as nails.

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                    His excuse? "It's a sleeper."
                    I don't know why people have gotten so lazy. There's always some "hipster" excuse for doing some raggedy shit these days.

Comment

Matt-B +1

Comment

Thinking about making a Big Al's Bowling meet sometime this month... What do you PDX/Vancouver guys think?

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

I'd be down for that. How's Rick doing since the last Big Al's meet? Lol.
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

So back to the spring cutting business..

So 12izms, I'm all about doing things on the cheap and controversial, and the only thing that bothers me about the MM pub. is the part where they heat up the last coil red hot to bend it inward so that it's flat. I've heated spring steel until it's red hot with an torch. It lost it's spring and turned to glass. Kwis?

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                              Bring it out this way and I'll hook you up. It would have to be on a weekend though. Wanna trade a chop for a driver's side rear trailing arm? I need one until I piece together the 323i ass end swap, which is slowly killing me.
                              I am totally down, although unfortunately I don't have any of the hard parts left. I do have a set of front strut housings? And some random interior bits? Oh and a complete front subframe and steering rack. Any of this interest you lol

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                              Bluebird Bus Conversion
                              New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                                So back to the spring cutting business..

So 12izms, I'm all about doing things on the cheap and controversial, and the only thing that bothers me about the MM pub. is the part where they heat up the last coil red hot to bend it inward so that it's flat. I've heated spring steel until it's red hot with an torch. It lost it's spring and turned to glass. Kwis?
                                That part is then meant to be the spring seat or the dead coil. So your spring rate would be as if that section didn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X