PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
    I love the work hes doing, but a build thread would be neat.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
    That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      3.46? Spendy. My car has a 4.1 open, so 3.73 lsd will be going in eventually.

First I gotta do:
      Brakes
      HeadUnit (maybe sub too)
      Suspension
      Oh, I totally understand. I'm just saying if you spend some dough on a diff, get a 3.46. They're not that hard to come by. They're found in later model E24's (E28 chassis) with the factory sport package and also in E28/E30 automatic super Etas.

I wish I had one in my M50 car. First gear is pretty much un-usable with my 3.73. I still love it though!
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Austin did your little example of 24V powah last night was pretty nice^

Bahama Beige E23 Project
        Bluebird Bus Conversion
        New Oregon Trail

Comment

I'm jelly.
          I wish I had 24V.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
            Austin did your little example of 24V powah last night was pretty nice^
            Hahaha. You like? I did something similar this evening coming onto McLoughlin ;)

I fucking love this car. I'm really debating just selling my E28.

Comment

Sell the E28, and just wait to get the most you can for it.
              sigpic

Comment

The easiest way to get 24 valves is to buy two cars.
                Originally posted by 5Toes
                bux bux bux. Im all about the bux Mr. Autism

Comment

Originally posted by Eta power View Post
                  The easiest way to get 24 valves is to buy two cars.

Hahaha
                  Love that, new sig.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                    Hahaha. You like? I did something similar this evening coming onto McLoughlin ;)

I fucking love this car. I'm really debating just selling my E28.
                    Yea that was nice. I am not sure what I was trying to type lol

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                    Bluebird Bus Conversion
                    New Oregon Trail

Comment

Yea that was nice. I am not sure what I was trying to type lol
                      Haha, it's all good buddy. I'm putting in my steering rack tomorrow afternoon. I think I literally got all the fluid out of the rack, just from driving. Hahaha.

Comment

Your exhaust is pretty raspy though, we need to fix that

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                        Bluebird Bus Conversion
                        New Oregon Trail

Comment

Your exhaust is pretty raspy though, we need to fix that
                          I'm with you there. It's got a slight leak at ~3k that I need to take care of. Headers maybe?

Comment

I am no exhaust expert, but I think a lot of rasp is caused by an actual tail pipe. If your muffler is right at the back of the car I think it should be less raspy? I forgot how yours is set up lol

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                            Bluebird Bus Conversion
                            New Oregon Trail

Comment

^In my experience removing the cat/resonator :D and straight piping exhaust systems either creates a HUGE amount of rasp that wasn't there before or quadruples the amount of rasp the car had previously. When you're under a running raspy car you can hear that the ringing is coming more from the intermediate plumbing rather that the tail section.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                                ^In my experience removing the cat/resonator :D and straight piping exhaust systems either creates a HUGE amount of rasp that wasn't there before or quadruples the amount of rasp the car had previously. When you're under a running raspy car you can hear that the ringing is coming more from the intermediate plumbing rather that the tail section.
                                So you're saying I should go custom exhaust? Haha ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X