No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drove a Honda Fit Saturday. Well I only drove it for a block... it was a 5 speed though! I clutched in with my right foot and just sort of dropped it with my right foot on the gas... never got into second though

My buddy drove it around my neighborhood, SNAPPY car. We burned through first into second.. lots of torque. I would buy one

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Devier View Post
      Thanks. I'm swapping tires on them tomorrow (hence strapped on the car for transportation to Portland). Taking the 245s off and putting the proper 255s on. At times I feel I need a bigger car haha.
      You just need a trailer to haul behind it full of spare wheels and tires hahaha. I am pretty sure guys that are serious about track events tow trailers with them

Bahama Beige E23 Project
      Bluebird Bus Conversion
      New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Devier View Post
        Thanks Josh! And by the other wheels you mean...the ones I posted a few days ago? The style...162s I believe?

If so, then yes. For a little bit. I have yet to see what the front fitment will be, and I still need 225/40R18s for the fronts.
        Yeah I was talking about the Style 162's. Its going to look sweet I think. I haven't seen a Z3 with those on before but I think the big flatfish surface will really pop with the lines of the car. Are they heavy?
        Originally posted by Sonny
        I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Anyone want some 205/40 16s? Hankooks with like 95% tread life. Little over 300 shipped new. Put 200 in my paypal and they are yours

Comment

Some guy at the Jack N the Box drive through just complemented my car. "Hey man, nice E30"
            caught me off guard lol

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Muahahaha snow here I come

Comment

^ that reminds me of all the folks that will be destroying Oregon roads once again this winter season.
                Originally posted by James Crivellone
                1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                  ^ that reminds me of all the folks that will be destroying Oregon roads once again this winter season.
                  :hitler:

Fuck studded tires!!!!!!! I don't mind if you want to put them on and actually go up to the mountain and then take them off afterwords. However, driving around on them during fucking Spring is complete bullshit.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                    :hitler:

Fuck studded tires!!!!!!! I don't mind if you want to put them on and actually go up to the mountain and then take them off afterwords. However, driving around on them during fucking Spring is complete bullshit.
                    I'm personally going to be running two set's of tires. SP/SM & FL/WT set. Oregon may go through maybe 1-2 bad weeks total of really bad weather for it's climate, but nothing extreme. I want to say to everyone that cracks the roads: "You complain about the state taking this and that out of your taxes, well now you know why you fool."

On another note, off to the junkyard for a 325i driveshaft, flywheel, & now a shifter/shift boot. I'll be asking questions I'm sure and I hope I dont need anything else.

Comment

Good luck mate!
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

good luck with those artic's. i would rather bought the hankook i-pikes.

and damit, i have work to do today at work but still feel like shit from this weekend stay at the hospital. i should have stayed home today.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                        That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Anyone shopping for cyber Monday?
                          I need a new tv.
                          sigpic

Comment

I will not be studding the tires. It is not worth it the consequences. The i-pikes are nice as well. I went with the Arctics due to their superb unstudied snow and ice performance. But I do go up to the mountain every couple days. I usually log an average of 80-100 days of riding depending on conditions.
                            Last edited by DrJosh; 11-28-2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                              You just need a trailer to haul behind it full of spare wheels and tires hahaha. I am pretty sure guys that are serious about track events tow trailers with them
                              This is true haha. However, I'm not that hardcore about hauling wheels to and from the dealership ;)

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                              Yeah I was talking about the Style 162's. Its going to look sweet I think. I haven't seen a Z3 with those on before but I think the big flatfish surface will really pop with the lines of the car. Are they heavy?
                              I'll try them out for a little while to see if I like them or not, haha. I mean, I got them for a rather good price ;) I have to agree with you on the big flatfish surface. I'm hoping for the best! If push comes to shove, I'll try a different color.

I was advised by a service adviser that he needs to borrow the style 162's for a week or so, since his wheels are going to be powdered coated. I guess the wait becomes longer.
                              M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                                Good luck mate!
                                No dice on the flywheel, but the car did need a new e-brake which I found. The current dash is cracked to all hell, but I found one with two very very tiny cracks for only 40$paying along with the e-brake. I really feel like I need to talk to someone to make sure I am covering everything. Don't have a huge amount of cash flow, but want to replace some bushings if I can and my goodness I totally forgot about fluids.

I need OEM parts and not excessively expensive. Can't find this blunttech or b and m place? I need a shifter, suspension bushings, good place for hoses for the engine. What is the going rate on shifters? I see some users doing a Z3 or Z4 mod ummm transmission bushings I should look into and omgosh I need transmission braces or bracers.

Lucky, think the blower heater you have would work in the 86' 325e?

Comment

Working...
                                X