PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
    I need OEM parts and not excessively expensive. Can't find this blunttech or b and m place? I need a shifter, suspension bushings, good place for hoses for the engine. What is the going rate on shifters? I see some users doing a Z3 or Z4 mod ummm transmission bushings I should look into and omgosh I need transmission braces or bracers.

Lucky, think the blower heater you have would work in the 86' 325e?
    A very popular upgrade for a shifter is the Z3 1.9 for a moderate upgrade. If you're really feeling lucky, you can get the Z4 3.0 for a real short shifter.

As far as fluids go, you're going to want to put full synthetic engine lubricant in it. I'm running a heavier oil for winter, 20w50. I like Kendall because it's cheap ($5 p/ qt) and O'Hara yells at me if I use anything else. Haha. As far as transmission and gear oil go, you'll want to use RedLine. Same for your differential, Redline all the way.

I recommend going to your local import parts house rather then ordering online, just to make sure you're getting the right thing. I've been hearing less good things about Pelican and AutohausAZ as of late (doesn't mean not to order from them, just what I've heard.)
    Last edited by e30austin; 11-28-2011, 08:46 PM.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

The difference is the resistor mickey bma just google it comes right up
      Originally posted by bmwm42
      PNW vulture pm me for parts
      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

I have the blower and resistor
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Blunttech FTW. Great prices, fast shipping. Good time to do any general maintenance. Don't forget the timing belt and water pump ;)

Bahama Beige E23 Project
          Bluebird Bus Conversion
          New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
            The difference is the resistor mickey bma just google it comes right up
            Ahhh. I thought about that as I was typing but wasn't sure. Thanks!

Comment

If anyone is looking for a Dinan chip for their 173. I am not affiliated with the seller.
              Originally posted by Sonny
              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Great price
                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

anyone here have a known working icv for a late model 325i?
                  sigpic

Comment

I do, but not to give away :p

Damn this C191 connector wire fix issue is scaring me. Gotta splice in new one or find a connector or something

Anybody know of a good 6 pin connector??? watertight

Comment

These are what I am going to use. They have a 6 wire version... and the Channellock crimpers seem to work. Sweet

Comment

Gents...ive been going back and forth between trading my sedan for an iX, or using my hard earned money towards an m50tu swap or a different set of wheels...

The iX needs a good amount of work, the m50tu is a "e30 ready" set up with low mileage and all new everything, and the wheels... Well I'm leaning towards bbs rs's or borbet type a's for spring...

What do you guys suggest?! I'm lost... I love my car, but want AWD..I also want more power if I kept my car... And i still want her to look look good with flossy kicks...
                        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Keep your car and do a swap. It is much more rewarding. I will be swapping my M50TU out in the upcoming future for an S50 so I can do things the way I want them done. If you can find an S50 for a good price, go for it!

Comment

Might as well get the IX. Didn't you already sell your style 5's? Then swap the IX.
                            Originally posted by Sonny
                            I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Austin- true, I've grown very fond of this car. I'd love to go s50... That would just mean more waiting haha

Josh- ya sold the style 5s. I was honestly getting bored of em. Either way, I still have basketweaves ;p
                              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Thats been my problem too, I want new wheels, but just couldnt pull the trigger on the 16x8, they look too much like stock.
                                I say go m50!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X