PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grand525 View Post
    Just in case, some apartment buildings prohibit their tenants to work on car at the parking lot ( your sig)?
    I've replaced an entire engine in that space ;) but yes I can work on my car if I wanted. Only shitty thing is its outside. I have a covered space for it, but its still outside
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
      level 14?
      Yup. Level 14, 148 lines

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

This Jack

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
        5-speed swap on jack stands. Even at the jack stands highest points, using a jack, what is the best way of getting the damn thing under the car. I was thinking of using my creeper to move it under through the front of the car, than just lower it onto front jack stands leaving the rear sitting on the ground.

I'm doing this whole swap by myself, so any ideas have to be worked around just one man doing the work. I'l have 2 x jacks, 4 x jack stands, & only weight 150 lbs. & it feels like I'm lifting half my weight. *time to hit the weights again*

Thanks guys

p.s. Also will some wheel bearing grease work for the inside of the transmission input shaft? Anything on the spindle?

Amazing deals on this 450Lb Low Lift Transmission Jack at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
          I've replaced an entire engine in that space ;) but yes I can work on my car if I wanted. Only shitty thing is its outside. I have a covered space for it, but its still outside

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
            damn....the clutch slave cylinder OR master just went out on my car...WTFFFFF!!!! anyone down to get dirty in the snow?! lol jk
            So now you have to r3v match? Shitty.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Well I just spent the last 3 hours, in the snow, Tryna fight this damn slave
              Cylinder.... And I just got off.

I feel like mother fcukin Muhammad Ali right now.
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                With the Holidays and everything, it was just bad timing I guess to ask anyone to spare anytime.

I wouldn't mind doing a work party, but I make it a home cooked meal of my mom's barbecue baked ribs soaked overnight in Bull's eye sauce & Silver Patron, add a side of mashed potatoes.
                Haha it's going to suck, the biggest issue is getting the transmission onto the jack while laying on the ground. I am a tiny guy with hardly any arm strength from that perspective. I'll use safety & my brain & see what comes of it this evening.
                Jay-B-Q?? Do you have an indoor space to work on your car?

Comment

Brad, the clutch slave should just unbolt with the two 13mm on the trans. Might need to drop the trans down a little, but when I changed the one on my 'vert, it was not required. Good luck to you!

I like the idea of a Jay-B-Q. Ribs sound awesome. I like garlic mashed potatoes, FWIW.

Comment

^ditto.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                      Brad, the clutch slave should just unbolt with the two 13mm on the trans. Might need to drop the trans down a little, but when I changed the one on my 'vert, it was not required. Good luck to you!

I like the idea of a Jay-B-Q. Ribs sound awesome. I like garlic mashed potatoes, FWIW.
                      Thanks Austin. I was able to get it off without lowering the trans. It was a matter of squeezing my hands into those tight spaces... Ridiculous
                      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
                        Jay-B-Q?? Do you have an indoor space to work on your car?
                        Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post

It's not indoor since its a barn, but its covered and out the rain. Im in jeans and a sweater and only the wind is bothering me, but my head is shaved.

Need a quick reply please, is my pilot bearing supposed to be all the way back? I ask because I hammered it in, but it has some space slightly. Greasing input shaft now ....
                        Originally posted by James Crivellone
                        1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

all the way back jay
                          Originally posted by bmwm42
                          PNW vulture pm me for parts
                          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

+1. All the way back.

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                              Talk to Matt. I asked this same question during the r3v nite out.

You must have been too faded to remember
                              16 bucks for each corner isn't bad, I doubt I can get it done for cheaper.

Comment

5 dollar each at walmart
                                Originally posted by bmwm42
                                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Working...
                                X