PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2man View Post
    Finally got the missing rain gutter trim for my car, it was a bitch to get off the car that was being parted out and seems to be even more of a bitch to get on. any tips? soan & water on the rails? some other lube?

Cheuk, didnt you just do this on your iX?
    Which part? The body colored part or the trim above the window? I'm missing the trim above the window. In the picture below, I am missing C. Are you talking about that part, or the part that is to the right/northeast of part C, or are you talking about part A?

I finally pulled C off of kid325e's red car he's parting out. I sandblasted it and then painted it again, but it looks like shit because I suck at painting, so I'm going to re-sandblast it and repaint it, then I'll put it on my car. I haven't tried putting it on yet; don't you just pop it in with the clips?

Ahem, Paolo, I think you've got some explaining to do:

1988 BMW 325iX - Lachssilber/Cardinal - Gone
    2001 BMW M5 - Anthracite/Black Heritage
    1999 Toyota 4Runner - White/Oak

Comment

Both of my part A's are coming off, I hate them oh, oh so much.
      Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
      2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
      2010 Buell XB9SX
      2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
      1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
      1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
      1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
      2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
      2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Been thinking about looking into a e34 touring.. its no e30 but,
        what are your guys opinions? Things to look for when checking out car, known issues, etc..

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Originally posted by ClausE30 View Post
          Been thinking about looking into a e34 touring.. its no e30 but,
          what are your guys opinions? Things to look for when checking out car, known issues, etc..
          I miss my E34 540. Always wanted a touring but every time I find one its green and I absolutely hate green E34s haha. Would love to drop a touring though. Suspension options are very limited for E34s. Even more limited for tourings I would imagine.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

My car has been missing "A" since i got it. Now I have them, they are inside my car and I really want them ON the car, not IN the car :P
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by PNWDan View Post
              I miss my E34 540. Always wanted a touring but every time I find one its green and I absolutely hate green E34s haha. Would love to drop a touring though. Suspension options are very limited for E34s. Even more limited for tourings I would imagine.
              They make lots of suspension parts for E34's and coupe stuff will fit on a touring you just might have to add a thicker speing pad to the back.

Comment

Going to start to pull my engine today. Sort of excited, dont worry I will take pics..

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                  Going to start to pull my engine today. Sort of excited, dont worry I will take pics..
                  Please Unplug the battery & drain all gas fuel before doing anything else. Don't want you to start a fire & blow yourself up. :up:
                  Originally posted by James Crivellone
                  1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Yeah that would be bad!

Is it a bad idea to just jump the fuel pump with the fuel line just stuffed into a 5 gallon gas can?

Comment

You tank should have a drain plug if I'm not mistaken.

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

.... Your recommending draining the fuel tank to replace the engine? Don't over complicate it, you do not need to drain the fuel tank, that's retarded.
                        Last edited by Mlarsen; 03-14-2012, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Whatever you do, don't end up like Mr. Burroughs, or worse!
                          Originally posted by 5Toes
                          bux bux bux. Im all about the bux Mr. Autism

Comment

We need to make it as safe as possible for Mr. Toes though.
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                              We need to make it as safe as possible for Mr. Toes though.

That would require him not touching car and someone else doing it I guarantee there will be fuck ups
                              Originally posted by bmwm42
                              PNW vulture pm me for parts
                              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

I'm sure there will be fuckups. However I am instead going to start Friday. this weather sucks for working outside, and I'm not even going to get the engine until Sunday so yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X