No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are well known, I've used them myself for a couple cars at work.
    Text me when you want to get food.

Comment

Why are you having your oil tested?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
        :borg:

Comment

Jay-it was a m54 I believe.
          No, young grasshoppa...S54.

Hi Jay :)
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

They are well known, I've used them myself for a couple cars at work.
            Why are you having your oil tested?
            I will do just that sir, & I am just curious to see how the engine has handled the type of oil, fuel consumption/mixture, etc. etc. It's only $25 & a free kit at that, so I figured why the hell not.

That's the 1st half, the second is since this S54 idea I have been looking into the last 3 -months I was on lurker/depressed status has been a nightmare. (Deposit on this engine, looking at over a couple weeks of hours of information, & storage) I figured I look into the possibility of a turbo setup since my engine seems fairly young based on the work it's had before.

I really really want an S62 setup, but that engine is problems, problems, problems from what I have read. Something just bugs me to keep this E30 simple, maintained, with as little $$$ as possible. I've had the money for an LSD, ZHP shift knob, suspension, inside for months, but just haven't bought any of it :(

Install that LSD of yours yet?

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
            :borg:
            Come up north & we shall all chow together :up:

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            No, young grasshoppa...S54.

Hi Jay :)
            Who was that by chance?

:-) Hi, Austin? Got that S38 running yet?
            Originally posted by James Crivellone
            1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
              I will do just that sir, & I am just curious to see how the engine has handled the type of oil, fuel consumption/mixture, etc. etc. It's only $25 & a free kit at that, so I figured why the hell not.

That's the 1st half, the second is since this S54 idea I have been looking into the last 3 -months I was on lurker/depressed status has been a nightmare. (Deposit on this engine, looking at over a couple weeks of hours of information, & storage) I figured I look into the possibility of a turbo setup since my engine seems fairly young based on the work it's had before.

I really really want an S62 setup, but that engine is problems, problems, problems from what I have read. Something just bugs me to keep this E30 simple, maintained, with as little $$$ as possible. I've had the money for an LSD, ZHP shift knob, suspension, inside for months, but just haven't bought any of it :(

Install that LSD of yours yet?

Come up north & we shall all chow together :up:

Who was that by chance?

:-) Hi, Austin? Got that S38 running yet?

Where did all this talk of swapping expensive engines come from haha. LS1 FTW
              Also, invite me to your lunch ;)

Bahama Beige E23 Project
              Bluebird Bus Conversion
              New Oregon Trail

Comment

His name is Andy, goes by "Andrew325is" on here. Never got my other car running, scrapped it a couple weeks back. I've always got another trick up my sleeve, so we will see if I can make something come together...not saying anything else though!

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                Word. I love some LS1 action. Invite me too, fuckers!!!

Comment

WTF, Austin? You have an S38!?!
                  Originally posted by 5Toes
                  bux bux bux. Im all about the bux Mr. Autism

Comment

Originally posted by Eta power View Post
                    Nope, I wish. I think Jay meant to say M30.

Comment

Anyone know of an S50 for sale? Thinking a swap will be in the works a little faster then I expected...

Comment

Interesting claim and attitude...

EDIT: obviously talking about this car:

Sorry if this is a repost BTW
                        - Greg
                        α Team Founding Member
                        1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
                        2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                          The talk came from me having a deposit on a S54 before that fell through. I've been talking with some members on their choices for engines/car trim shells to get an idea of where I can go with the next project. I'll keep you informed, looks like I need to create a nice quick lunch event like I had for my car :?

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                          His name is Andy, goes by "Andrew325is" on here. Never got my other car running, scrapped it a couple weeks back. I've always got another trick up my sleeve, so we will see if I can make something come together...not saying anything else though!

Word. I love some LS1 action. Invite me too, fuckers!!!
                          I'll see if Andrew will let me pick his brain at a meet sometime. Yes I'll plan something small, fast, & with compromise (miles driven) for everyone.

Originally posted by Eta power View Post
                          Yeah I was severely buzzed by that point so excuse the mistype in wording engines.
                          Originally posted by James Crivellone
                          1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by gergpez View Post
                            http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3111073911.html

Interesting claim and attitude...

EDIT: obviously talking about this car:

Sorry if this is a repost BTW
                            Saw that myself, people and their asking prices make me laugh. It's whatever, guess I'll post my shiny shitbox for $14500 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

Comment

Just picked up a nice yakima roof rack, locks, keys, 2 kayak carriers, and 2 bike carriers for $35.

Do you hate me?
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
                                X