PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
    Speaking of other topics, why aren't you throwing the M50NV in your car?
    Because it seems like a lot of effort for very little gain.

Comment

M50nv is pretty much an m20b25

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
        Why? Because it takes time effort and patience?
        It does like no other. I've gotten them pretty darn shiny but there is a few scratches I think I got grit in my polishing rag. I think its not worth it because of the time I'be spent could have been used for something way better. Only good thing is I'll be an aluminium polishing champ by the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
          Because it seems like a lot of effort for very little gain.
          24v is pretty easy, but agreed. There isn't much gain from a NV motor compared to a (healthy) M20B25. Just ask James!
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I'll have you know I have every right to be drunk & I also have the right to drive my car drunk into anything or anyone for that matter. It's my life YOLO :twisted:
            Just like you have the right to pay the consequences.

I can't wait to get that law passed in November & get some of that OHSU bud you must be smoking :loco:
            What, exactly, do you disagree with?
            "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by camip View Post
              I disagree with that I won't even hop in the drivers seat of any car if I've had any alcohol. For one reason I don't want to smash into some family on vacation and kill a couple kids. I couldn't live with myself.
              You feel it is wrong, therefore you feel it isn't right. My point is you still have the right, beyond what any government states. In fact, people are driving drunk right now, there isn't some life force that takes our keys away or freezes our cars.

Here's another example to help explain the enlightening reasoning behind this.

A drunk driver kills a family member of yours, and the law says you can't do anything to that person, you do not have the right. What if you still felt it was your BORN given choice to extract revenge beyond any goverments laws that dictates what is right for it's citizens.

You could even make an argument "A life for a life as they say." As human beings, I feel if we didn't have the right to drive drunk or kill people for that matter, something would step in, stop it or prevent it.

People have the right to do whatever they want, they just have to deal with the consequences afterwords, which is a whole other topic on it's own.
              Originally posted by James Crivellone
              1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Hey kieth any chance you can help me buff and shiny up the alpine ill even deliver your bumper
                Originally posted by bmwm42
                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

You feel it is wrong, therefore you feel it isn't right. My point is you still have the right, beyond what any government states. In fact, people are driving drunk right now, there isn't some life force that takes our keys away or freezes our cars.

A drunk driver kills a family member of yours, and the law says you can't do anything to that person, you do not have the right. What if you still felt it was your BORN given choice to extract revenge beyond any goverments laws that dictates what is right for it's citizens.

You could even make an argument "A life for a life as they say." As human beings, I feel if we didn't have the right to drive drunk or kill people for that matter, something would step in, stop it or prevent it.

People have the right to do whatever they want, they just have to deal with the consequences afterwords, which is a whole other topic on it's own.
                  Summary: You can do whatever you want so long as you're willing to pay the consequences. But it doesn't mean that you should.

So what? That's a pretty basic concept.
                  "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Of course I don't have to listen to what the government says. But to simply put in my own moral code its wrong. It's ok to risk my life but its not right to put innocent people in danger for me being an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by camip View Post
                      Of course I don't have to listen to what the government says. But to simply put in my own moral code its wrong. It's ok to risk my life but its not right to put innocent people in danger for me being an idiot.
                      Here comes the "Don't impose your moral beliefs on me...." argument.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                        Hey Keith any chance you can help me buff and shiny up the alpine ill even deliver your bumper
                        I will, if Keith can't.
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
                          Mormons FTL
                          :nice:

Comment

Wait so first you check ID's & if I happen to be drunk :drink: someone / somewhere in Alpha Team has a protocol for that? Which is what? :-?

Sorry for the confusion. The above only applies if you are a stacked blonde with daddy issues.
                            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Let's leave the Holy old guy wisdom bullshit out of this, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                                Sorry for the confusion. The above only applies if you are a stacked blonde with daddy issues.
                                The best ;)

In other news, I just found myself a new daily. '89 325i Delphin coupe. Can't wait to have another E30 to play with.

I also got a fresh shipment of H&R in this morning, I have sport and race springs stacked up if anyone needs a set :p

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                                New Oregon Trail

Comment

Working...
                                X