No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until pick and pull took over, you could get anything for dirt cheap. That's why they went under, sadly. Everything is super expensive there now, and the selection of euros is small. Tons of Japanese cars. Guess its just a trstament of our cars longevity!

sigpic

Comment

Yea pick n pull sucks. They want 60$ for ECUs... 325 ecus....
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Well this local yard is pretty good on price, but the one dude who works there is an ass and wont even tell you inventory if you call before you go.

Comment

Almost makes it worth a drive to tacoma pull a part

sigpic

Comment

So just hopped in the e30 for a quick spin, and the WEIRDEST thing happened! the rear driver side wheel was locked up. it was dragging for a bit going forward (3 or 4 feet). Then I put car in reverse to it back in its spot for another day and it freed up. Upon test driving it drove fine and braked normal. weird
            Last edited by 5Toes; 09-02-2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Did your Diff lock up? Or brake?

If brake it might be that your missing the guide pin boots. My right front is missing and the brake is almost gone now...
              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
                Almost makes it worth a drive to tacoma pull a part
                Almost. Tried convincing my father to stop at all the U pulls in Oregon on the way back.
                willschnitz

Comment

nah nothing like this has ever happened. mlarsen and I did the brakes last fall, everything all new.

weirder part was when putting the tranny from neutral to reverse the car rolled. I cant even explain it.

all is good now though. hooray

surfing CL and found this great cafe project - http://spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/3183321959.html
                  Last edited by 5Toes; 09-02-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Love old Honda, BMW, and Yamaha bikes. I want a BMW R75 but my parents think I'll kill myself.
                    willschnitz

Comment

Kawasaki too bro

Comment

Your ebrake was stuck

Comment

Thats what I was thinking.. only on one wheel though I assume

Comment

Tag!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                              Love old Honda, BMW, and Yamaha bikes. I want a BMW R75 but my parents think I'll kill myself.
                              u might...many have, but they were all having fun doing it.

ive been through 3 dirtbikes and a quadracer, and a streetbike....bikes are best hands down, but i have (literally) brushed death so many times i sold them and decided to build a drift car (with a cage)...that said....there are few better feelings then tearing down a single track and emerging unto an amazing view or sun(rise, set) scene...

what sux is all the green hiker asshats behind the closing of many trails year after year.
                              3 pedal club
                              200,k+ club
                              cabrio club
                              port-matched- polished- purring www.BMWpark.org

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

Like Travis Pastrana always said, with age comes a cage
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X