No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, hot girl at the dealer today in yoga pants. Drooling........

sigpic

Comment

I live in a college town (sort of) whe i roll through campus, yoga pants everywhere. Even have a route that we do laps through campus on. It is awesome.
      -Andy

Comment

hey i haven't been on here or posted in a while but quick question what set ups do you guys have on your lowered cars? and whats the best brand you think is out there for E30's

i don't even try to talk on here anymore cause i just get shit for it all the time ha

86 blue 325e 4dr- Totaled :[
        89 red 535i 4dr- sold
        87 black 325e 2dr- DD
        84 black 533i 4dr- project

Comment

Originally posted by camren123 View Post
          hey i haven't been on here or posted in a while but quick question what set ups do you guys have on your lowered cars? And whats the best brand you think is out there for e30's

i don't even try to talk on here anymore cause i just get shit for it all the time ha
          h&r

Bahama Beige E23 Project
          Bluebird Bus Conversion
          New Oregon Trail

Comment

Yep, and you may as well get some billies while your at it.

sigpic

Comment

I have H&R Race springs with Bilstein shocks. Hit up Steve at blunt tech.com
              Originally posted by Sonny
              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

hey i haven't been on here or posted in a while but quick question what set ups do you guys have on your lowered cars? and whats the best brand you think is out there for E30's

Depends on how low you want.
                Check out the suspension thread.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
                sigpic

Comment

Ground Control coil over setup with Eibach springs. 450# Front 650# rear with Koni SA shocks.
                  -Erik
                  '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                  I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

It all depends in your budget
                    Originally posted by bmwm42
                    PNW vulture pm me for parts
                    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                      It all depends in your budget
                      Coil overs are over priced, the price per performance isn't good enough IMO. I get amazing handling out of my H&R races and bilstein sports and paid less than half the price of GC's. If I had nothing else to buy for my car I would considering getting a set or a good deal on some used ones.

Comment

I love my gc set up with m3 sway links attached imo the shocks you choose to go with are a big expense in the suspension overhaul
                        Originally posted by bmwm42
                        PNW vulture pm me for parts
                        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                          Coil overs are over priced, the price per performance isn't good enough IMO. I get amazing handling out of my H&R races and bilstein sports and paid less than half the price of GC's. If I had nothing else to buy for my car I would considering getting a set or a good deal on some used ones.

No they aren't overpriced, you seem to lack understanding and experience on what constitutes a well-handling suspension.

Not to say your choice isn't good for what you want it to do, but H&R race springs are hardly god's gift to god's chariot.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                            I completely agree. I had that same setup on my first E30 and I loved it. It handled really well and was definitely more affordable. However, I'm a stance snob now and you just can't slam an E30 on springs. Lol.

-Erik
                            '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                              No they aren't overpriced, you seem to lack understanding and experience on what constitutes a well-handling suspension.

Not to say your choice isn't good for what you want it to do, but H&R race springs are hardly god's gift to god's chariot.
                              Comparably in price, I agree with him. Why do you think Spec E30 runs H&R with Bilstein? Because it's way more affordable and works just as well for what they're doing.
                              -Erik

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                                I completely agree. I had that same setup on my first E30 and I loved it. It handled really well and was definitely more affordable. However, I'm a stance snob now and you just can't slam an E30 on springs. Lol.

It really feels to me that you gain more "looks" then performance.

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post

You mad bro? Just said price per performance isn't very balanced. My suspension handles great and I hand selected and installed every component.

Am I a suspension engineer? No
                                Are you a suspension engineer? No
                                Does my car handle good? Yes
                                Better than yours? Who cares
                                As good as yours? Probably

Seriously though 1500 dollars? I doubt GC are 1200 dollars better than H&R Race

Comment

Working...
                                X