PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
    That turned out really nice! I hope I have the same luck!
    It's not as "thick" as I was hoping (for lack of a better term). The wrinkles aren't big like you'd see on an actual powdered wrinkle setup but it looks really good I think. Gives a nice contrasting texture to the intake manifold. I was thinking about just doing the intake in a satin black since it's already slightly textured.
    84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
    Manual swap all the things!

Comment

We made a pretty good deal. depending on the amount of rust, I may back out. If I end up getting it, it will be a LOT less than 8k ;)
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Didn't you JUST buy another car? :up:
        84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350

Comment

besides compare that to these...

or maybe one of these, but then you have to swap in the f20c

it would be pretty badass in this though! lol

i guess the way I see it, the motor/trans is super reliable. body and interior are legit. if the rust isnt bad then its a steal for the deal we made. and if its not, I still have my E30 to drive home in, completely satisfied ( yes, the one I just bought haha) .
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I enjoy posting copious quantities of CL links. Do you like it? I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
              It's not as "thick" as I was hoping (for lack of a better term). The wrinkles aren't big like you'd see on an actual powdered wrinkle setup but it looks really good I think. Gives a nice contrasting texture to the intake manifold. I was thinking about just doing the intake in a satin black since it's already slightly textured.
              did you use the primer? did you bake it in the oven?

just curious

Comment

Anybody have a crankcase breather hose for eta they want to sell need a quick replacement, while i wait for for a new one.

Comment

Anybody have a crankcase breather hose for eta they want to sell need a quick replacement, while i wait for for a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                    did you use the primer? did you bake it in the oven?

just curious
                    Primer, yes. Bake, No. I just used the high temp engine primer and VHT wrinkle from O'Reillys.

Comment

Attention! The S50 is running again!! :D Now I just need some body parts...

Paging Stephen Sayer.
                      -Erik
                      '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                      I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by camip View Post
                        How long are you waiting? The one from the valve cover to TB? I bought that from O'Reilly's and only waited a few hours for it....

Comment

Nice Erik! What was wrong with it??
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

If you're talking about the hose that goes from the Valve Cover to the Throttle Body I have a brand new one at home if you can wait till Sunday/Monday?
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                              Primer, yes. Bake, No. I just used the high temp engine primer and VHT wrinkle from O'Reillys.
                              Interesting, I was planning on this after Maint stuff was finished. Black wrinkle with white raised lines. And was wondering if putting a BMW logo where the one on the intake would be too tacky.
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                                Nice Erik! What was wrong with it??
                                Just needed a battery. Lol. I picked up some axles from Henriksen a while back, so after I buy new rear wheel bearings I'll swap those out along with the axles. But at least it's running again. Lol
                                -Erik
                                '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                                I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Working...
                                X