No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one if my tie rods was wasted so I had to replace it and now I have massive toe. If you don't adjust the tie rods you won't need it.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      If you don't touch the tie rods yes.
      Wrong! Alignment should be checked after any suspension ride height modification

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        one if my tie rods was wasted so I had to replace it and now I have massive toe. If you don't adjust the tie rods you won't need it.
        If it's so far out, why didn't you at least match the measurement of the other side to get close?

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
        Wrong! Alignment should be checked after any suspension ride height modification
        This. It's unlikely there will be an issue seeing as we can't adjust anything but toe but I'd have a hard time not at least throwing some string and a tape measure at the car to make sure things are square.
        84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
        Manual swap all the things!

Comment

I got it as close as I could but it is noticeable. I was exaggerating but that doesn't travel over teh internets.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

You know most alignment shops check it for free....

Comment

Well get it all back together and it wont fire. Possibly the coil packs cant ground out on the valve cover because it is painted...? fuck I dont know.

Im mad

Comment

You're fuel injector wiring all good? You might need to splice in extra length with speakerwire.
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Yeah it is

Comment

it feels good to have a smooth running car. didnt think o2 sensor and fuel pump would make THAT big of a difference, but i was wrong. knew there would be a small improvement, but now i have a rock solid idle, and no cut out at high rpm! woohoo! now to get my injectors rebuilt, and new cap, rotor, FPR, fuel lines, and other ignition related parts.

simon, get an allignment. itll give you peace of mind, even if there was no effect on toe. do it for yourself

sigpic

Comment

Toes. You've fucked your cars up during simple projects so many times I'm beginning to think you're making shit up just to piss everyone off. If these things are really happening please consider the following:

A. Refrain from starting any future projects on your car during which you perform any of the work.

B. Start a project thread for your e34 and confine posts regarding subsequent mayhem to said thread.

Comment

Or you'll get those type of responses. If this thread was a TV show it'd be breaking bad and you'd be skylar.
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Favorite Fall/Winter Beers/MicroBrews/etc.

Love me some BRRRRRRRRR, and The Fat Tire Seasonal. :beer:

Mlarsen got me and im sure ALOT of the crew into rootbeer float mixed dranks. Haha.
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Just wait till you try it with orange soda, game over.

Comment

Detail Day here soon at your shop?

Your shop floors are big and smooth enough for me to do a Jack test without driving off the Jack. Haha.
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                                Do you have a black e30? I saw one leaving American car care once and it was really clean.
                                One of mine is black with a primered hood,not very clean.
                                1990 325is "the rat"/ E30 Warsteiner tribute racecar/1985 325e "faded Glory"/ 1968 Chevy II Nova "the baby"/ 2001 525i 5spd purchased May 2013 with 16k miles. Plus other junk that annoys the neighbors.

Comment

Working...
                                X