PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
    Heh. Reading your responses has made me realize 2 things: I prefer no spolier and if I must have one I'd rather shoot it in black. I feel like a black spolier would make a nice addition to the black bumper trim and the plate filler. Maybe I'll just ditch it and find a e30/e28 MT1 spoiler. That way I can have color matched AND black.
    I thought so too, until I put it on my car and saw awful how it looked. Although everything on my car is either red or black (or silver wheels,) it just doesn't look right to me. Body color or go home, IMO.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I say black. But thats just my opinion. I like some contrast.
      -Andy

Comment

Its a spoiler... plastidip it black and if you dont like pay to have it painted proper. Simple as that

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          Its a spoiler... plastidip it black and if you dont like pay to have it painted proper. Simple as that
          Pay the pedo painter that did 5Toes valve cover.

Comment

He only powder coats dog

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
              Yeah - but I'm paying to have the trunk painted already. It's not a matter of money - as I'd have the same guy paint the spoiler regardless of color.

Also, for what it's worth, I know for a fact that it's a spoiler. Thanks, though.

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              I thought so too, until I put it on my car and saw awful how it looked. Although everything on my car is either red or black (or silver wheels,) it just doesn't look right to me. Body color or go home, IMO.
              I guess I just liked how my old vert looked.

"We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Well what I meant was that its easy to pull it off and have it repainted, unlike say a body panel or hood

Comment

Yeah - but I'm paying to have the trunk painted already. It's not a matter of money - as I'd have the same guy paint the spoiler regardless of color.

Also, for what it's worth, I know for a fact that it's a spoiler. Thanks, though.

I guess I just liked how my old vert looked.

LOL to the first part.

I think it fits in on an alpine car because it's a very light color. With gray/silver, it just looks off because all the colors are dark already. Hard to explain, I guess. On a darker colored car, it just blends and flows better with it being the same color as the body. To each their own, though. I think whatever you do will look nice on that car :up:

Comment

LOL to the first part.

I think it fits in on an alpine car because it's a very light color. With gray/silver, it just looks off because all the colors are dark already. Hard to explain, I guess. On a darker colored car, it just blends and flows better with it being the same color as the body. To each their own, though. I think whatever you do will look nice on that car :up:
                    I think I see what you mean. It would be muddled and out of place on a dark car.
                    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

I think I see what you mean. It would be muddled and out of place on a dark car.
                      Exactly.

In other news, installed my Rogue Engineering RSM's today. I remembered how much I love removing my Lukebox...not. Also, installed a MTX 12" Blue Thunder after blowing up my W3 this am. Figured I'd do it all at once.

Comment

Anyone have an M20 turbo kit laying around?

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
                          Anyone have an M20 turbo kit laying around?
                          I think "laying" around is a relative term, sir ;)

Comment

I think "laying" around is a relative term, sir ;)
                            Truth, maybe someone that want's to get rid of their turbo for a swap ;) Thought it's worth asking before dropping some coin!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

I remembered how much I love removing my Lukebox...not.
                              Going to have luke install my vert box soon - I'll probably leave my car with him when I go back to Texas for a week. I have the box, some subs, a new headunit, a shit load of wiring, dynamat, speakers and an amp taking up space in storage. Time for it to go into my car. Now all I need is a 318ti antenna base and I'll be in business.

Comment

car becomes turboed this weekend name change to boostedbmwm42 badassbmwm42 turboedbmwm42 ahhhhh today and this week have been the shit
                                Originally posted by bmwm42
                                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Working...
                                X