PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hai guis!

Just replaced my front brake caliper mounting pins with some that aren't bent. No more caliper hanging up.
    -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
      Miss your iX! One of the cleaner alpine white "modded" ones in the area. All others are either stock or beat to shit! Your 318iS is clean, but the iX was just a little more unique IMO.
      Yea I sometimes miss it, only because it was my first e30.. That car IMO was not clean, the body and interior was haggerd. I wouldn't take the ix back if I had the chance. Sure the 318 maybe isn't as unique like an ix interms of production numbers, but a clean unmollested e30 is getting tough nowadays to find and I got one

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Andy,

New Guide Pin kits w/ bushings are available from the aftermarket! Went ahead and replaced all of them on the iX. Had an issue with the passenger side/rear caliper hanging up. Ended up wearing all the pad down on ONE side!! They aren't too terribly expensive and the piece of mind is so nice.

Corey, remember when we went to replace the adhesive for your flares and found the PO had trimmed up the fender underneath like some 4x4 shit? Good times.
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
          Corey, remember when we went to replace the adhesive for your flares and found the PO had trimmed up the fender underneath like some 4x4 shit? Good times.
          Yea exactly haha, that was terrible

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Yeah I noticed that, I was like what eff Corey.

Comment

Got my magnaflow on.. it is not that loud at all. I dont know what its deal is

The exhaust dude basically did this

C - - 1.75 inch- - - - - - - - \
              A ______1.75 inch merge) \
              T - - 1.75 inch to 2.5 inch - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2.5 inch - - - - - magnaflow

Not sure why it doesnt sound like any youtube videos, etc. It is not very loud until maybe 4k rpms where there is some rasp.. bv redline though rasp is much less

Comment

From what I've seen on YouTube exhaust videos, its really hard to get a feel of how its gonna sound in real life. Sounds like you're not happy with how it sounds?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Im not super happy but it is an improvement. Shop only charged $80 for install, muffler was $60.

I felt the welds tonight with car running and exhaust cold.. theres a few pinhole leaks but I can take it back and get em fixed.

I understand youtube videos dont describe well, but this sounds nothing like most magnaflow setups.. or any of them on youtube. I believe the merge pipe is the reason why.. it works but it prohibits flow because the edges are so fucking rough, etc.

Muffler I used was a #11226

Comment

Video or ban

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

well you see.. the exhaust tip we made looks like absolute shit. so... yeah everybody will laugh at me.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                        well you see.. the exhaust tip we made looks like absolute shit. so... yeah everybody will laugh at me.
                        typical

Comment

its a wannabe DTM tip that belongs on a honda :( Ill cut it off later

Comment

Comment

What would a polite way be to approach the shop and ask him to fix the leaks?

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                                What would a polite way be to approach the shop and ask him to fix the leaks?
                                Tell them to learn to fucking weld.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Working...
                                X