PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
    Hmm, ok. I'll be getting hold of blunt then..

She definately needs something. M50/g260 and s4.10 should pull harder then it does.

Any one of you have a low mileage or new m20 clutch for sale?
    Have you done a tune up?

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    It was his old car, but I was referring to what the current owner paid for it. The thing is a shitbox.
    Based on his ad I don't think he knows how to open the hood or the bay is just that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
      Have you done a tune up?

Based on his ad I don't think he knows how to open the hood or the bay is just that bad.
      Tune up shit will definitely help, but that cts should wake it up pretty well, along with the 02 sensor.

The bay is so disgustingly filthy. Nobody ever cared to wash it. Car is just super rough all around.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Coolant temp sensor (blue one for DME) and 02 sensor. That'll wake it right up.
        Yeah, fuck it Andy. Just blindly replace every sensor under the hood and it should fix the issue. ;)

Comment

Its an m50. How much tune up shit is there really? Spark plugs and air filter? Fuel filter? All was replaced last may. In conversation via e-mail with blunt now.
          -Andy

Comment

Just got the white car fired up for the first time!!! Time to put exhaust and suspension on it, but it should be hitting the streets Weds night!!!
            Originally posted by Ryann View Post
            Yeah, fuck it Andy. Just blindly replace every sensor under the hood and it should fix the issue. ;)
            We still on this weekend? I'll be getting in touch with Keith later today. My car is begging me to change the driveshaft.
            Originally posted by James Crivellone
            1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
              We still on this weekend? I'll be getting in touch with Keith later today. My car is begging me to change the driveshaft.
              Woot! Get that beast in! Wouldnt be a bad idea to grease the ujoint prior to installing.

Its an m50. How much tune up shit is there really? Spark plugs and air filter? Fuel filter? All was replaced last may. In conversation via e-mail with blunt now.
              May was almost 10 months ago, also the spark plug boots should be replaced if worn. A bad sensor is going to throw a CEL. Dirty plugs will kill your economy and power

Comment

I really wish I knew what exactly was wrong so I am not wasting money just throwing parts at it. Im not rolling in cash by any means. $100 in parts is hard to come by for me.
                -Andy

Comment

I really wish I knew what exactly was wrong so I am not wasting money just throwing parts at it. Im not rolling in cash by any means. $100 in parts is hard to come by for me.
                  I hear ya! Thats why I would start by checking over the basics before you start ripping sensor out. You can always use a DVOM to test the sensors

Comment

Does anyone know of any Dyno comparaisons for the Myster-e heads and the 274 cam vs stock? It seems to be that there still isn't any which is a bit worrying since they claim it to be a performance upgrade.
                    Originally posted by Sonny
                    I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                      Does anyone know of any Dyno comparaisons for the Myster-e heads and the 274 cam vs stock? It seems to be that there still isn't any which is a bit worrying since they claim it to be a performance upgrade.
                      I asked the same thing in his FS thread...

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                      is there any #s to show the gains? cfm increase? dyno proof?
                      Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
                      Sorry I have no numbers to provide. We've done 35+ cylinder heads with no complaints.

Thanks,
                      Matt
                      :roll:

having done 35 heads you would think SOMEONE would want to validate that it was money well spent.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                        It's still on Jay. I'm heading down Friday afternoon.

Comment

A bad sensor is going to throw a CEL.
                          Unfortunately not always the case. I recently replaced a TPS in a '91 e34 525i that had no stomp test and poor fuel economy because the WOT portion of the switch was stuck closed, thus the system was always operating in open loop. No CEL.

Comment

Unfortunately not always the case. I recently replaced a TPS in a '91 e34 525i that had no stomp test and poor fuel economy because the WOT portion of the switch was stuck closed, thus the system was always operating in open loop. No CEL.
                            I guess you are right, but if it doesn't throw a CEL there should be other signs. I had something similar, tps was fine until WOT than it went haywire, no CEL just poor power @ WOT

But is it OBD1 and all, CEL doesn't come on until the sensor falls out.

Comment

I guess you are right, but if it doesn't throw a CEL there should be other signs. I had something similar, tps was fine until WOT than it went haywire, no CEL just poor power @ WOT

But is it OBD1 and all, CEL doesn't come on until the sensor falls out.
                              Good things to know. My stomp test isn't working on my e30 w/ S50, and I know it works because it worked prior to me swapping it out of the donor car (also a 325eS). How much does a TPS usually run?
                              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                                I'm also interested in knowing facts. One things I know for sure if that E30 Rooster's car has one of their built heads with a 280cam and I drove that thing and it's like no other M20 i've ever driven before. I've had the 274 Cam on my mind for a few weeks, at 250.00 (shipped, I believe) it's hard to pass up when on a "budget". Not a fanboy by any means, just saying i've driven a car with their product under the hood.
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X