No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love TAPATALK.. TAPATALK HD for the Tablet was a game changer.
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
      Don't be dense. That's an Audi 50
      Ohh my mistake! Its a Audi badged VW polo. Sorry if I offended all the rabbit owners.

The Volkswagen and Audi badged models were sold alongside each other for 3 years until 1978, but the cheaper Volkswagen Polo outsold the Audi 50, and Audi discontinued the Audi 50 in 1978
      Claus Luthe continued to work for Audi from 1971 to 1976. His first project at Audi was the Audi 50, on which the original Volkswagen Polo was based
      He also designed E21 and E30

In 1976 Luthe succeeded Paul Bracq as chief designer with BMW, and began to move the Bavarian manufacturer's designs in a more creative, stylish direction. At the time, the company offered a full line of products, from the E21 3-series to the E23 7-series, all with relatively conservative designs developed under Bracq's direction.
      Luthe, then, was tasked with developing a facelift for the aging E12 5-series within a budget of USD 100 million. Luthe solved the cost restraint problem by reusing the passenger compartment structure of the E12, but with new front and rear clips and a new interior. Significant technical developments, such as new front and rear axles as well as climate control, were also added, and eventually the project cost for the new model, the E28 reached USD 400 million. However, the BMW management was satisfied that the improvements in the E28 were well worth the costs.
      The next priority was the development of a successor for the E21 3-series. In order to broaden the appeal of the model, a four-door version was to be added. Luthe maintained a low front profile and the familiar dual round headlights in the E30 successor model, distinguishing the model from the larger 5-series, while creating a smoother profile, as with the E28.
      After the launch of the E30, BMW chairman Herbert Quandt set a challenge for the design team to better the Mercedes-Benz W126, the benchmark in European luxury vehicles at the time. The W126 was a highly conservative design, penned by Bruno Sacco, but Luthe took a far more radical approach. A sleek, streamlined, wedge-shaped body, in some ways reminiscent of the trend-setting Ro 80, and unconventional L-shaped taillights, the new E32 was very much the antithesis of the W126. In spite of Luthe's concerns, the BMW board approved the design with enthusiasm.
      He then supervised the design of the E36 3-series, and by 1990 he was named the head of BMW’s design department, supervising the creation of the 1989 E31 8-Series coupe, and the third-generation E34 5-Series.
      He left his post at BMW after being accused of fatally stabbing his 33-year-old, chronically drug-dependent youngest son, Ulrich after an argument on Good Friday in 1990. He was eventually convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to 33 months in prison, but was released before having to serve the complete sentence
      Last edited by EN318isPDX; 03-13-2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
        I have never used it. I just don't want to pay for the app lol
        Lol its $2.99
        Originally posted by Sonny
        I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
          Lol its $2.99
          I'd rather light 20 dollars on fire than use that terrible program.

Sent From my Motorola RAZR using SMS

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
            ROFL bahahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Safari
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I'd rather light 20 dollars on fire than use that terrible program.

Be honest, you don't like it because all your .GIF signatures don't look right on a tablet/phone. Am I right?
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                Be honest, you don't like it because all your .GIF signatures don't look right on a tablet/phone. Am I right?
                I do it because they are usually pretty damn awesome, and I like slowing down peoples ancient PC's. PM me if my sig makes your computer fans spin up faster ;)

Hell even this work laptop they gave me can barely handle it and its slower than my cell phone, sad when your telephone has more RAM than your work PC

Last edited by EN318isPDX; 03-13-2013, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I do it because they are usually pretty damn awesome, and I like slowing down peoples ancient PC's. PM me if my sig makes your computer fans spin up faster ;)

Hell even this work laptop they gave me can barely handle it and its slower than my cell phone, sad when your telephone has more RAM than your work PC
                  6 Gigs, bring it.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                    6 Gigs, bring it.
                    Cool when did you get a job? One of my servers has a terabyte of ram per 2U for only 13k each......
                    Last edited by EN318isPDX; 03-13-2013, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Dude that wrc lambo shit is weak. I've made plenty-a E car sing louder than that down the ol' gravel roads.

Comment

my work PC doesn't even blink. conveniently

2006 Subaru WRX
                        1987 E30 Royalblau Metallic S52 OBDii
                        1982 VW Westfalia 1.5d-gone

Comment

Originally posted by dynoclimb View Post
                          my work PC doesn't even blink. conveniently

Nice, i had a similar desktop but I am never in my cube so I just use this POS brick

Comment

Nice, i had a similar desktop but I am never in my cube so I just use this POS brick
                            yeah, I'm just waiting for my 16gig ram update, 8 is too slow for CAD.

2006 Subaru WRX

Comment

Originally posted by dynoclimb View Post
                              yeah, I'm just waiting for my 16gig ram update, 8 is too slow for CAD.
                              I was just about to ask what all your ram is doing "Free 256" LOL

I think I need more cores

Last edited by EN318isPDX; 03-13-2013, 03:19 PM.

Comment

I was just about to ask what all your ram is doing "Free 256" LOL

I think I need more cores

This ^ just made my PC wet itself and jump out the window.

2006 Subaru WRX

Comment

Working...
                                X