X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good adam

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
      I need to do subframe and trailing arm bushings soon. Any brands I should avoid/favor?
      Avoid everything except AKG

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
        Avoid everything except AKG
        Originally posted by James Crivellone
        1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
          Looks good adam
          Thank you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
            Put an ammeter or test light between the ground on the battery and the ground cable. Start pulling fuses one at a time and when the light goes out (or amperage falls), you will know what circuit your drain is on. That will help eliminate a ton of stuff.
            Helpful. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
              There are two parts to it:
              1) If you're a student full time you're a student and not a resident. You're not working and living and doing things that "real" residents do. This changed in about 2006 or 2007. Some people have snuck through the cracks but they typically have to be working 40+ hr/wk and not be doing school full time. I've seen one person do both full time and sneak in.
              2) The parents' part is a qualifier to get in-state because taxes fund schools so if you can't work full time in the state but your parents do, that's what's funding your spot at UW at the lower rate. They can't just have a house here, they have to demonstrate on paper that their paychecks are being signed and delivered to WA.

The state is well aware of the difference between in and out of state and that difference is there because they have to be able to pay for the schooling that you're going to be using. They've gotten quite good at stopping people trying to sneak into "near-Ivy" as it's called and not paying for it.
              well that makes sense. i guess we shall see what happens then, would like to live there after school so it'd be nice to just become a resident.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
              my feedback thread

Comment

Never thought I could hate tan interior as much as I do now...but goddamn, is it ugly.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  Never thought I could hate tan interior as much as I do now...but goddamn, is it ugly.
                  My euro e23 had a baby poop green corduroy interior. It could be worse.
                  "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

They call that "pieniengrun", or pine green. Ick.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                      They call that "pieniengrun", or pine green. Ick.
                      The euro m30 and g265 made up for it. I also once had a chamonix 1970 1602 with an e21 5 speed and a 2 liter that someone had put a baby blue leather interior in.

Speaking of which - why don't more people put m30s in e30s?
                      "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                        Put my new lame steering wheel in my lame car.
                        Saw a similar one on Clist up here in seattle couple months back, same one? Almost picked it up, regardless the wheel looks really good!

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                          The euro m30 and g265 made up for it. I also once had a chamonix 1970 1602 with an e21 5 speed and a 2 liter that someone had put a baby blue leather interior in.

Speaking of which - why don't more people put m30s in e30s?
                          There are only two colors I couldn't do in a car - tan interior or green interior/exterior. I'd probably take anything else, though.

M30's are old technology and voted "meh" by most. It's cheaper and easier to get power from a 24v. I love M30's, they're very predictable and you know power is at your feet all the time and there's no real "powerband" like the dohc motors. However, they're not too economical and weigh a lot for the power you get out of them.

With that said, I will absolutely put one in a E30 at some point, just for fun.

Comment

Bosch Fr7LDC+ or NGK BKR6EK

Comment

Yay! Got me a new transmission today! Excited!
                              sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                              1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
                              1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                              1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
                              (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                              1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                              2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
                              2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                                Bosch Fr7LDC+ or NGK BKR6EK
                                NGK all the way

Comment

Working...
                                X