PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay for late night garage operations.

Going to hit the garage tonight around 10PM and get my AUX Fan all mounted up with factory brackets from cars that DIDN'T have AC. My boss convinced me to ditch the mechanical fan and just run the AUX.

Cant' wait 'till it's all done. I love seeing things get taken out of the bay, make it so much cleaner. So far i've gotten rid of the AC Condensor, and lines, all PS stuff, and hit it with Simple Green. Should have a pressure washer this weekend when I can make it up to Bothell to barrow one from a friend of mine.

Seeing things come together after thinking, saving, and just looking at the car reallly gives me a sense of accomplishment that i've never had before and I'm starting to get addicted to it. Never pulled an engine out before I did these last two and I feel pretty confident with these cars now! Glad I have a place I can come to and talk about my love of these cars with other like minded people. Good shit!
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rooster View Post
      Think I might have found my problem, anyone know what can cause corrosion on just the 1,3,5 side of the distributor cap. Fail taptalk wont let me upload pics

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
      In the plug holes? Mine got coolant from a small leak. Enough to corrode one end on a wire and have it crack apart. It was a tiny tiny leak at high pressure. I ended up fixing the leak but i also fill the cap holes with dielectric grease before plugging the wires in now.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        Leak in TB cover? is a pinhole leak spraying onto the distributor? you do have the protective cap on right?
        Yeah I have the cap on, and the large O-ring is in good shape, the only leak I could even think of is the coolant hose that goes around the distributor but It's new and I haven't noticed anything. I'll upload the pic later I'm headed to autozone to get a new distributor and sparkplugs =/ im on my 4th set now. At least they had some valvoline vr-1 20-50 race coil for $3 a quart I picked up all 15 quarts left =D

Originally posted by PNWDan View Post
        In the plug holes? Mine got coolant from a small leak. Enough to corrode one end on a wire and have it crack apart. It was a tiny tiny leak at high pressure. I ended up fixing the leak but i also fill the cap holes with dielectric grease before plugging the wires in now.

It's where the plug wires connect to the distributor. the holes for wire 1,3,5 are all messed up
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rooster View Post

It's where the plug wires connect to the distributor. the holes for wire 1,3,5 are all messed up
          Yeah clean them up and fill with dielectric grease. Remember the fan will blow any leaks from up front all over including onto the wires. My leak was coming from the overflow, running into the plastic case around the wires and down into the cap via the wires themselves.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Anybody have a fender roller I can borrow. Trying to get one before the xxx meet! I'm near Issaquah

Comment

Damn. Just watched a 318ti wipe a round-a-bout and smash a parked golf. Hit and run but the beam only made it 2 1/2 blocks with bow legged tires. Golf is fubar
              Been with me for 16 years...
              sigpic
              Wish i had more time to play with her

Comment

Originally posted by HippyEarly View Post
                Damn. Just watched a 318ti wipe a round-a-bout and smash a parked golf. Hit and run but the beam only made it 2 1/2 blocks with bow legged tires. Golf is fubar
                What an ephing twatwaffle. I hate hit and run drivers.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

waffle hit & run drivers!
                  -Andy

Comment

Anyone know if eta and I crank have the same amount of teeth for the cps to read?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
                    sigpic

Comment

Negative. Eta crank pulley doesn't have any teeth for a cps since they used a reference sensor in the trans for engine rpm speed.

Comment

All this waffle lingo. What does it mean

Jon

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post

Jon
                          Means you cannot swear or its filtered into waffle speak

Comment

wffl_speek

Comment

waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles shit dammit. Fcuk!
                              -Erik
                              '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                              I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post

Jon
                                Everyone is just craving waffles. Its the new epidemic.
                                Sparkle' - Strategic Alpin Command

Originally posted by markseven
                                That right there is why everyone loves E30s.
                                Originally posted by Dj Buttchug
                                no fat dudes. car will scrape
                                Originally posted by Ryann
                                Stacey in yoga pants. Discuss.

Comment

Working...
                                X