No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were a little advanced for their time. But a CSI...so fucking rare. I hate Oxfordgrun on tan and I still love it anyway!
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
      I don't hear people bitching about them
      No one complains about ST because I've never heard of anyone running them. I installed my IE rear bar without any issue. Bit of extra work drilling into the trunk and welding on new tabs but the rear suspension is one of the E30's weak point. Reinforce that shit!

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
      Rob is a nice guy.

But their E30 rear sway kit is complete shit. With the way the bar is bent, the mounts don't work in the factory locations. Hooray for a ton of un-necessary grinding and shimming. Oh, and the bar isn't wide enough.
      Is it even the right bar?!

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
        Is it even the right bar?!
        It is. I sent it back and they verified that it is as they designed it. It's not off by a huge margin, but enough to be a huge pain in the ass.

It should be good to go later today though.

Comment

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
          It is. I sent it back and they verified that it is as they designed it. It's not off by a huge margin, but enough to be a huge pain in the ass.

It should be good to go later today though.
          Awesome, I'd like to see some pics if you manage to snap any. How is the quality on the end links? Did they supply any reinforcements?

Comment

The end links look like quality stuff. They did supply the reinforcements, which worked fine.

The problem stems from the fact that the mount uses the factory threaded hole. This wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that for where that locates the bar, the bar is bent wrong. It hits the bottom of the trunk when you try to move it through a decent range of motion. Too much bend in the bar for how high the mounts sit, basically. The bar also starts bending before it's done passing through the bushings, causing some binding. Not a huge amount, but enough to piss off anal-retentive people like me. The bar needs to be 1/2 inch wider, and about 3/16 inch shorter in the middle.

The way the mounting strap is designed to be used with washers doesn't work either. Vertical slot + thin washer = bent washer that doesn't do the job. Especially when you have to enlarge the holes because of the problems I've already outlined.

I'm solving the problem by slotting some of the holes in the mount, shimming the entire mount downward away from the trunk, and drilling out the factory threaded hole and using a nut on the back side. I had to make my own square washers to use with the mount.

Once I'm done it should be fairly robust, and it looks like it will perform well. The mounts are utter shit, though.

Oh, and the bolts that drop down through the trunk for the mount aren't long enough. I had to go buy new ones.

I think that about covers it.

Comment

Should have bought IE :P
              jk

Truthfully I must be one of the lucky because i've spent 1k+ with both companies and had pleasant experiences with both. Quality control is much harder in a small company, glad you were able to work around their fuck ups

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                But on the real, though...UUC System U is proof that God exists and wants us to be happy :rofl:
                Fuck UUC

Comment

ugh, getting nickel and dimed is the worst feeling ever... $3 per exhaust stud x24, $3 for exhaust nut x24, $3 for intake nut x7... friends in the business even trying to gouge you. very frustrating. hopefully blunt can come through.

where do you guys get factory parts for? I really dont want to go to Tacoma Screw and get some inferior quality part
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
                    Fuck UUC
                    <3 u man

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                    ugh, getting nickel and dimed is the worst feeling ever... $3 per exhaust stud x24, $3 for exhaust nut x24, $3 for intake nut x7... friends in the business even trying to gouge you. very frustrating. hopefully blunt can come through.

where do you guys get factory parts for? I really dont want to go to Tacoma Screw and get some inferior quality part
                    You don't have a friend at the dealer who will get you those parts at their price? I just did all those for my S50 a few months back. $.56 p/ exhaust nut and $1.29 p/ stud, IIRC. It was roughly $44 for all 24 studs and nuts at employee price.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

not anyone who works at the dealership, no. I did get a discount when I ordered new main bolts. Retail @ $9 each x14, discounted to $6 each. I didnt complain about that because those are serious pieces to the motor, but were talking tiny exhaust studs and exhaust nuts...
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Damn even pelican parts is cheaper (.75 for the nut) then that and blunt is probably even less.

Lowest price I find is .55 for the nuts and 1.42 for the studs.

Comment

friend just sent me a text and told me blunt is expensive too, but to try VAC... Ive been pretty patient and easy going with all the bullshit Ive had to go through, but this is stupid. Im not going to just bend over and take it
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

friend just sent me a text and told me blunt is expensive too, but to try VAC... Ive been pretty patient and easy going with all the bullshit Ive had to go through, but this is stupid. Im not going to just bend over and take it
                            VAC lol

that's not going to be cheaper

Comment

BROCall me. You're talking about the cooper nuts right? Shittttt... those are like 75 cents a piece doggy.

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
                                that's not going to be cheaper

20 bucks

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Working...
                                X