PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
    I'm starting to think Google has failed me and, I have the wrong crank sensor, or that's not the crank sensor at all??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Reference sensor. It's in the trans on eta cars. It should have a connector, but since the plastic is so old and brittle, it will probably break on you when you try to remove it. Just be super careful or you might have to splice it together.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Quick question for those in the know. I just started driving my 318is, and the fuel gauge goes to full every now and then when I know it's not. I'm pulling the cluster now to look for the obvious, but before I start barking up the wrong tree perhaps someone could point me in the right direction. I had a similar issue on my 325i and it was a loose ground, but IIRC it effected all the gauges.

Comment

Sending unit.

Comment

would a 90 325i sending unit be the same as a 91 318is? Just asking because I have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            Last I checked you were going to by style fives some Castro coils and like 10 other things you commented on threads on in r3v, I called you out and your the one who texted me all butthurt.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
            Dang man,
            I popped on some other stuff and decided bilsteins would do fine.
            Didn't know you were counting? Haha

Comment

They are the same
              Originally posted by bmwm42
              PNW vulture pm me for parts
              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

There two sensors here wich one do I need?

Comment

Originally posted by NoSnowJustIce View Post
                  Yeah, on the eta's the crank sensor at the front of the engine is simply for diagnostics. The crank sensor you're looking for that connects to the DME is on the flywheel/trans bellhousing.

Definitely just swap out a working main relay as well for your no start issue. You've got a ton of posts, but it's worth recommending anyway lol

Thanks a lot, I had no idea I had that many post until you mentioned it, post count means nothing lol half that's probably in this damn thread.

I'm still learning how these systems work, every time I think I know what I'm doing something happens I can't fix.

Comment

Anyone who thinks that post count = knowledge is an idiot. I know because I'm an idiot and I have a shit load of posts.
                    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

True statement.
                      sigpic
                      Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Anyone who thinks they know everything to learn about something is sadly mistaken. There is always room to improve.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Two phrases of wisdom (of many) I learned from an old tech named O'Hara:

-The day you stop learning, you die.

-The smartest man admits he knows nothing.

God Natt.

Comment

So I've decided my first purchase off the Snap On truck is going to be Wobbly Extension set in 3/8ths. Those are so priceless. Love em.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

It's a slippery slope. I don't want to know how much money I've spent on the snap on truck.

Comment

Seth, just replace them both. Or not. I think they are both the same sensor.
                                -Andy

Comment

Working...
                                X