No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who puts stanced in their craigslist ad and when the car looks all wheels and suspension i run away.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

iirc this car has been handed around a few times.. Personally I'd avoid it

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        Anyone who puts stanced in their craigslist ad and when the car looks all wheels and suspension i run away.
        I know. I know. LOL. Thanks guys and Austin for the text. You do a good job of looking out for folks. Cheers.

Comment

Not affiliated, but if this isn't too rotted from its east coast time, could be a good car: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4562836924.html
          sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

True that, I prefer to kill it with stance myself.

Its time for a new shell I rubbed holes in mine

Comment

This could be a good deal for someone. He keeps coming down in price.

Comment

He keeps claiming original miles, but it has an eta cluster in it, so I don't see how. I call BS. Car looks generally rough.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  He keeps claiming original miles, but it has an eta cluster in it, so I don't see how. I call BS. Car looks generally rough.

Good catch on the cluster. What would it need to be picked up for to be a deal?

Comment

I don't think you could wrong at $2500. It's missing a lot of the OBD2 stuff if you wanted to put the engine back to stock, or if you wanted to do an OBD1 conversion, you'd have to buy those parts to. Still needs a driveshaft, booster, oil pan, and whatever else will be needed.

Comment

RANT. Why do most body shops suck? I was putting some side markers on the Volvo last night. When I went to pull the "volvo" badge off the passenger side, it looks like somebody replaced the fender about 10+ years ago and reinstalled the plug using some kind of GLUE that took significant chunks of paint off the body. Not to mention the work of cleaning all that yellow shit off the fender!!!!!!!!!! How hard is it to use 3M tape?? I would think a body shop would have that lying around...I absolutely abhor poor craftsmanship. OK, I'm done now.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
                        RANT. Why do most body shops suck? I was putting some side markers on the Volvo last night. When I went to pull the "volvo" badge off the passenger side, it looks like somebody replaced the fender about 10+ years ago and reinstalled the plug using some kind of GLUE that took significant chunks of paint off the body. Not to mention the work of cleaning all that yellow shit off the fender!!!!!!!!!! How hard is it to use 3M tape?? I would think a body shop would have that lying around...I absolutely abhor poor craftsmanship. OK, I'm done now.
                        Because 95% of body shops are all about quanity, not about quality...it's all about how many hours that tech can flag that pay period. They don't give two fucks about the person who owns the car or the quality of the job, most of the time, just about how fast they can get the job done and make it look "presentable" to the customer at the time of delivery. Makes me sick, honestly.

-a guy that worked in the industry

Comment

Yup I have personally had to deal with bad shitty paint repair and made then do the entire thing twice because it kept coming out shitty, it was minor but enough to not pass my quality inspection
                          Originally posted by bmwm42
                          PNW vulture pm me for parts
                          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

At the dealer the dude just uses a ton of body filler and then etch primer and rattle cans it with enamel, literally least coats possible and no clear. cars look like shit.
                            willschnitz

Comment

How much do you guys think minty b caps with 85% tread tires should go for?
                              willschnitz

Comment

How much do you guys think minty b caps with 85% tread tires should go for?
                                $100.00. Max.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X