PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Buying more parts to make my red car pretty again. Why do I keep doing this...
    crush that fucker already....

Comment

Originally posted by abdlock View Post
      crush that fucker already....
      Crush your M3 and I'll crush the red car. Srs.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I miss my E30.

Needs to be spring already here so I can go get it and drive it again.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          I miss my E30.

Needs to be spring already here so I can go get it and drive it again.
          Only another 3 months for you!
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            Only another 3 months for you!
            Only 2 weeks until spring break, gonna toss a new clutch in if thats whats wrong with it. Then move it to a grandparents house which is closer to campus.

Luckily all the snow has pretty much melted here, hopefully it will rain a few more times and clean all the salt off the roads.
            willschnitz

Comment

Man I could have sworn when I installed my rear sway bar 7 years ago it was pretty easy.. Reinstalling it... Wow what a bitch

Comment

^^ haha Ian I did the same thing on my car yesterday and I would have to agree with you. Installed the cabrio front bar and IX rear... not much of an upgrade but everything helps right?

I ended up removing the driver side rear strut and spring, and sliding it out that way. I then tried sliding it in upside down and that resulted in some cursing LOL. eventually got it right and installed proper though. I also installed my rear ST springs at this time because it was the right time. the car already had some sort of lowering springs back there because the STs are the same height and didn't drop it but another 1/4 inch or so.

anybody else do work over the weekend? I polished my windshield with the cerium oxide too and got okay results. It took off the rubber residue from the years of windshield wipers, but leaves me desiring more. Need the proper pad for my DA polisher to do a better job (I used a heavy cut orange foam pad). I just need a new windshield instead hahaha

Comment

A new windshield is amazing, I finally got one since that asshole sprayed gravel all over it on trip over here. Its like you can see for the first time while driving lol.

Sway bars suck dick, I think the way I reattached mine was install the sway bars without endlinks, then let car sit down a bit till its close to the untension-ed point, then put end links on.
                  willschnitz

Comment

Putting the stock bar back in my black car was super easy.. Installing the 22mm bar in the white cars rear was painful. So much drilling

Comment

Definitely. The cerium oxide worked pretty awesome though, I am going to pull all my door glass over the summer and polish it up with a felt pad this time around. fun, easy project for $15. It is super messy though, beware. I didn't tape off anything, just washed my car for the second time after the polishing session LOL extra clean

I am on the fence about uprated sway bars on my car. 21 up front is plenty for the m42 I feel like, and the back is very planted, oversteer is never a problem ever for me

Comment

I just hate body roll. Did H&R race + 25mm/22mm bars on my M42 and all of a sudden it wasnt enough power for me to push my suspension

Comment

great feedback there. thank you. I had eibachs sways (25/19) on my e34 with H&R springs and I was super pleased - guess Ill never know unless I try it.

Comment

I still need to get a cabrio front sway for my car

Comment

greg at s3 is parting a cabrio and I believe the bar is still available. his number is 206 351 3923

paint recommendation for use on strut housings and rear subframe? Will probably be painting anything else under there that needs it (front subframe included). Im going to have atleast 3 weeks to prep the parts, install bushings, etc. before I install on car so I figure its a good time to make them look nice too.

Comment

Took the 2002 for it's first maiden voyage around the neighborhood yesterday! Got thumbs up from the neighbors even though it's ungodly loud with the 2.5" side exit exhaust. I need to find a good muffler with dual tips that will fit between the tank and the spare tire well, havn't found anything yet. Couldn't wait to drive it though!

Got the cooling system done and bled. Monitored temps with my Autometer Temp Gauge, sitting pretty and my Spal Pusher Fan is doing it's job when it's needed. Backed it into the center of the garage and drank a beer. Garage is a complete mess right now but my soul is smiling. I forgot how small these cars are since mine has been on jackstands for way too long!
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X