Comment

Geno said he was

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

PNW Chit Chat thread

[QUOTE=Amgvr4;4620160]
        Originally posted by e30_world View Post

I got a set of Ground Control that was supposed to go on a PRO3 car but the project was cancelled before they were put on. It has the "race" camber plates, 600F and 800R springs, adjustable Konis and came with already modified strut housings with new hubs. Also had IE upper rear shock mounts. I was contemplating going the cheep route and getting some Megans, but I am glad I didnt.

But with Meagan's you can adjust height without changing shock travel. I really dislike the design of gc for that reason.

Don't get me start on those popping camber plates either...

Comment

Anyone have a stock shifter? Worn is fine. Top notch must be in good shape.

Buy you a beer for it? Or a 6pk?

Comment

[QUOTE=Pdxseth;4620254]
            Originally posted by Amgvr4 View Post

But with Meagan's you can adjust height without changing shock travel. I really dislike the design of gc for that reason.

Don't get me start on those popping camber plates either...
            I am a big fan of the concept behind being able to adjust the height independent of the spring preload, but there are no reasonably priced options that allow that on an e30. Also I have no interest in slamming my car so I have full travel with this setup so it isn't really a problem for me atm.

As far as the camber plates go all of the cars I have had with them have been noisy and suffered from occasional coil bind issues. There are several solutions that allow the coil spring to twist as it compresses without binding that can help. However I usually replace all my pivot bushings with spherical bearings any way so NVH is something I am used to dealing with and the better feel and control is worth it in my opinion.

Comment

Bc is affordable and has no issues with plates

Comment

after seeing people bash BCs I figured they were some cheap ass coils...they are still almost $1000 from what iv seen online. they cant be absolute dog shit for that price..i mean ground control is only a few hundred more
                Derek Stanelle
                Hellrot 325is coupe

Comment

Fuck GC camber plates. I'll be switching mine out to Vorshlag sometime this year. I can't take all the popping anymore.

Matt, I have a dozen or so stock shifters. I'll set it aside with your oil pan...
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                    Anyone have a stock shifter? Worn is fine. Top notch must be in good shape.

Buy you a beer for it? Or a 6pk?
                    I think I still have mine
                    Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
                    Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
                    1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
                    1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
                    2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                      Fuck GC camber plates. I'll be switching mine out to Vorshlag sometime this year. I can't take all the popping anymore.

Matt, I have a dozen or so stock shifters. I'll set it aside with your oil pan...
                      Off Monday, will be going to BMW Portland. Road trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                        Off Monday, will be going to BMW Portland. Road trip?
                        Working 5-3 in Camas. Could meet you on my way home depending on what time you're going.
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by horse30 View Post
                          after seeing people bash BCs I figured they were some cheap ass coils...they are still almost $1000 from what iv seen online. they cant be absolute dog shit for that price..i mean ground control is only a few hundred more

I've had both, if my bc's ever have a problem I will be buying a new set. I bought them used I think I've had them almost 3 years and they're still perfect.

Comment

so you prefer BCs over ground control?
                            Derek Stanelle
                            Hellrot 325is coupe

Comment

Originally posted by horse30 View Post
                              so you prefer BCs over ground control?

Yes

Comment

coilovers for the street are dumb, any e30 on lowering springs and sways is gonna grip way better on rough country roads and urban streets

Comment

Working...
                                X