PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RainRider View Post
    We need bike lanes. Maybe you guys don't know what a city is really about. Or what it should be.

Anyone who can actually handle a bicycle doesn't need a bike lane in a crowded city environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
      Anyone who can actually handle a bicycle doesn't need a bike lane in a crowded city environment.

Maybe we don't need it but it's nice to have, and makes biking significantly safer. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
        Maybe we don't need it but it's nice to have, and makes biking significantly safer. . .

This whole mentality of people have to watch out for bikes is just plain stupid, the cyclist needs to be aware. I'm not some anti cyclist hater, I rode bmx for 10 years, rain or shine, i spent thousand of 10 Hour days riding downtown(brakeless) Cyclist need to be aware, cars can't stop like a bicycle.

Comment

they run stops signs, get hit by buses in pdx, and say that people need to watch out...

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
            they run stops signs, get hit by buses in pdx, and say that people need to watch out...

Those are the fixie riders that can't handle a bicycle...

Comment

My favorite part is when they aggressively ride as close as possible to the traffic lane, causing fearful drivers to cross the double yellow, putting everyone in danger.

I'm not one of those fearful drivers. I don't give them an inch. You stay in your lane, I'll stay in mine.
              '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                The biggest problem, is the idiot voting public keeps voting for these helmet wearing mouth breathers. I mean, Com'on, it should be obvious by now that one particular party completely running the show isn't leading to a successful future. But yet, They keep voting for them.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, while expecting different results.
                Or
                Meet your new boss, same as the old boss.

Although, I needed to go to the UW the other day, and it was really nice to only have to drive as far as Lakehood, park my truck, then get on the train, then light rail, and not have to deal with Seattle's moron driver problem on a friday afternoon. Felt really good to be clicking along at 50mph on the train, while watching traffic on I5 do it's best parking lot impression. Best part about it, the entire adventure only cost me less than $20. Fuel would have been more than that.
                the same people you're complaining about making bike lanes are the same people who push for light rail and transit improvements

Comment

This whole mentality of people have to watch out for bikes is just plain stupid, the cyclist needs to be aware. I'm not some anti cyclist hater, I rode bmx for 10 years, rain or shine, i spent thousand of 10 Hour days riding downtown(brakeless) Cyclist need to be aware, cars can't stop like a bicycle.

Avid cyclist for many years. 10/10 agree with these entire statements. Cyclists in Portland need to stop being such douche bags and realize that the road doesn't belong to them; it's a privilege for them to be on the road, just like for cars, but the road was created with cars in mind. So many cyclists demand to be treated like a car (the right to ride in the road, etc) but cannot follow basic traffic laws everywhere. Shit pisses me off more than I want to admit. Grrrrr
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Make America Great Again
                    1999 M Coupe
                    2014 X1 xDrive35i
                    2000 P38A HSE
                    1989 Lachs 4 Door
                    Instagram: MCoupeKim

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                      Avid cyclist for many years. 10/10 agree with these entire statements. Cyclists in Portland need to stop being such douche bags and realize that the road doesn't belong to them; it's a privilege for them to be on the road, just like for cars, but the road was created with cars in mind. So many cyclists demand to be treated like a car (the right to ride in the road, etc) but cannot follow basic traffic laws everywhere. Shit pisses me off more than I want to admit. Grrrrr
                      I agree with Seth and Austin..

Biked for 3 decades in this city - long before there was bike boulevards and and greenways and fucked up bike lanes. Never had an issue or even a close call - but then again, I have always biked with the belief that a car WILL ALWAYS WIN in any confrontation. I'm not a dumbass who decides to bike down MLK and be all "Bike RIGHTS!!!" to other motorist. I prefer just side streets and neighborhoods. Does it mean I need to slow down and stop more often, sure, but I can also get where I am going safer.

I see dipshits flying down the hill in front of my house all the time - no lights, no helmet, and wearing sandals. One of these days, one of them is going to hit the speed bump at the bottom and go flying - I don't want to see what's left of them afterwards.
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Found on road dead

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

i've tightened many a bicyclists sphincters with the excellent duel horns on the e30. LOL
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          '90 325i sedan daily driven
                          '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Have you guys removed one way screws before?

PO on the Clownshoe used one way screws on the license plates...
                            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

which kind are they? slot with the recess that prevents you from turning backwards?

can you cut a slot into it with a dremel?

Comment

and lets see some shoe pics like right now

Comment

Working...
                                X