No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the m50 block Going into the machine shop and everything else, I still dont have a chassis to put the engine into when done. Really on the fence between an e24 and an e30. Obviously e30, but shells are tough to find, as in everything BUT engine/trans. Trying to find an e30 that runs drives and stops, but e30 tax has gone up lately, so I'm leaning towards e24/28 chassis.

Hey Paolo, do you still have my Bentley manual?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

I’ve always wanted to do a really nice E24. Or go full racecar like the old DTM cars. You can find them for decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Every e24 I've had looked good but was a total electrical basket case. Cheap to find yes for sure, but lately e24 prices have gone way up.

sigpic

Comment

Jon - I have a paperback Bentley Manual; is it yours? I've had it for as long as I can remember - I don't remember you leaving one behind but I could be wrong!
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I loaned it to you. I'm so glad you've taken care of it. Seriously. Gave it to you at the xxx drive in back in the day when I had my bronzit coupe with a black fender.

Being back on here, now I need an e30!! Dang.

sigpic

Comment

I’m tired of the bipolar weather. Bringing home the engine/trans to do some mock up this weekend. Weather’s decent the whole way home. I was even thinking of laying under the front clip to start marking where things line up. As soon as I back down the driveway and start unloading, it starts DUMPING rain. Ugh.

Comment

PM me - i'll try to get it to you this weekend. Been looking for a good reason to buy the Hardback version. Only a couple dollars more than the paperback from Amazon.
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

No biggie, but let meet up for sure.

sigpic

Comment

sup

Comment

Balancing my rods, but I'm done for the night. Building an engine is becoming tideous

sigpic

Comment

Are forums dying ?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                          Are forums dying ?
                          I feel that forums are now becoming a thing of the past. People are using other avenues to get their information and facebook has a ton of groups, essentially forums, to join and get informed. I like forums, I've been using them since 2003 and appreciate everything I get from these places.

sigpic

Comment

But isn't Facebook a terrible way to communicate and disseminate information unless it's < 24h old?

Honest Q since I don't FB.
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I just use these forums because, yes, they are quite informative compared to FB. getting parts is way easier on FB, but there not as sweet a deal as you can get here

sigpic

Comment

Facebook is like instant messaging. Information comes through fast, but is way less substantive. Facebook is better for selling, or looking to buy though. Honestly, a lot of other forums I’m on, that also have Facebook groups, the Facebook groups are full of trolls and bashing. It’s awful. I dumped a bunch of FB groups because of it. Sometimes forum response is slow, but the forums are full of information that FB just doesn’t, and can’t provide.

Plus “PFA” is a plague that I have trouble dealing with. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X