NEED a m20b25/stroker whatever

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 5Toes
    replied
    I was working on my car!

    PM'd 2man back

    Leave a comment:


  • HarukoE30
    replied
    Paging 5Toes, to look at R3v while he is in school...

    Leave a comment:


  • kid325e
    replied
    Simon with the save.

    Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    my friend wants the car, you want the engine. i can make it happen

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Yeah. But that $650 is for the bottom end only. I will need another $300 or so dollars for a new headgasket and getting the head hot tanked and such

    Leave a comment:


  • dahows
    replied
    Don't have the back story on your situation so I'm not clear on the urgency but if you could get your current engine rebuilt for $650 AND you're planning to keep an M20 for a few years AND want the reliability; why don't you just figure out how to acquire $200 more to your current budget and get it done? You'll have the peace of mind knowing that your engine is fresh and if your plans change or get delayed, then you aren't worried about your engine all the time.
    Personally, I wouldn't buy a 200k+ engine to put in your daily driver unless you had documentation indicating a recent rebuild. Good luck with whatever you decide.

    Leave a comment:


  • Keith M
    replied
    It's hard if not impossible to tell how long a motor will last. My first replacement had 92k and it was a total pile.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    So should I still try to find a 150k mile engine or just buy one like Dennis' with over 200,000 miles and that ran real smooth!

    I know it is all about maintenance, but I dont want something that will do the same thing 2 or 3 years from now. I am going to be start putting more and more miles on my car and I need something reliable. I keep up with oil changes and maintenance, so that is not an issue

    Leave a comment:


  • Keith M
    replied
    Good plan. Get it running and enjoy it.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    M20 for now because I AM going to do the m50 swap the right way

    Tucked wiring, shaved engine bay, all that good stuff

    And I cant afford that right now :(

    Leave a comment:


  • Robert
    replied
    Just m50 swap , why waste time doing another m20 swap

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Just crunched some numbers for a engine rebuild. About $650 with machine work just for bottom end. Ugh too much, especially if I want to m50 swap one day

    Leave a comment:


  • dantheman
    replied
    Originally posted by HarukoE30
    I want that interior so bad :crazy:
    Buy it, swap interior, do a valve adjustment, rear pads and whatever else it needed, and flip it? Would make a good daily driver for someone.

    Leave a comment:


  • HarukoE30
    replied
    Originally posted by dantheman
    Just buy this and call it a day:



    Even comes with an IX trunk lid ;)
    I want that interior so bad :crazy:

    Leave a comment:


  • dantheman
    replied
    Just buy this and call it a day:



    Even comes with an IX trunk lid ;)

    Leave a comment:

Working...