Braising Oil lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braising Oil lines

Does anyone know where someone could get some AN fittings braised onto M60 oil lines, Preferably in the Olympia area? I need to mount my filter on the right side of the car, which means I need to make some longer lines.....
    Dumpster Fire Pilot

I have heard of people using AC shops. As it's usually the same material

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
      I have heard of people using AC shops. As it's usually the same material
      Thanks, I'll make some phonecalls....
      Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

House of hose here in Spokane http://spokanehose.com/ can build anything even dot brake lines cool people and easy to work with
        Directly above the center of the Earth

Comment

I've used Williams Oil Filter service in tacoma many times. Any city that has a lot of semis coming through will have a hydraulic shop. I'd be surprised if there weren't at least one in Oly.
          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
          Manual swap all the things!

Comment

I've used silver solder with much success- MAPP gas gets plenty hot, as do even
            those butane torches that restaurants use...

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
              I've used Williams Oil Filter service in tacoma many times. Any city that has a lot of semis coming through will have a hydraulic shop. I'd be surprised if there weren't at least one in Oly.
              I didn't think about truck shops, their is a few around me, I guess I gotta make a few more phone calls tomorrow. I need to get this done ASAP.

Originally posted by lti_57 View Post
              House of hose here in Spokane http://spokanehose.com/ can build anything even dot brake lines cool people and easy to work with
              Do you know if they will accept project though the mail? Spokane is a little far to drive to drop off and pick up.
              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

What material are you going to be braising? I'd rather have it tig welded if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                  I didn't think about truck shops, their is a few around me, I guess I gotta make a few more phone calls tomorrow.
                  I worked for Brattain International for a short time after I got out of Mechanic's school, and I built a bunch of specialty lines for my cars back then. They had all the nice Goodyear hoses/fittings for fluid lines, and all sorts of cool stuff people forget they have. Heck, I used much of the machine shop to do all my own block prep/balancing during off hours. Great resource to have.
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                  X